Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Grey Grimly
"

tick tock tick tock never say a word your voice is laced with magic your heart a fluttering bird tick tock tick tock no one can know tick tock tick tock he wants to steal your soul

"

Sometimes I refuse to go to sleep, because it’s like officially recognizing the fact that tomorrow is coming. And, for short periods of time, I think that I can postpone the inevitable. But the sad fact is that time keeps going, it doesn’t slow down if you ask nicely, and it certainly doesn’t stop for anyone. But when it’s late at night and darkness has eased its way into my bedroom, when its army of shadows has murdered every last speck of light, I know it’s only a matter of time. So I put the pen to the paper and I try to write my way out.

For a while it works and I nearly lose myself completely, but the journey is never long enough; I'm dragged away prematurely. I'm pulled kicking and screaming back into reality; back into the darkness. And the moment I land the night consumes me, inch by inch, tearing me apart until there's nothing left but the shreds of a girl who used to believe in something. A girl who hoped and loved and lived. A girl who can no longer face her own reflection, a girl who has lost the ability to even cry because she knows she doesn’t deserve the tears.

That is why I cannot sleep. Because I know what awaits me when I close my eyes, I know that the darkness will bury me alive, squeezing the air out of my lungs with each second. The darkness is eating me whole and I all I can do is sit and wait and hope. Hope that they hurry up. Hope that they end this miserable existence. Hope that they don’t take their time. Hope to die.

 



© 2013 Grey Grimly


Author's Note

Grey Grimly
Any form of criticism is welcome

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautifully written. Beautiful words. Beautiful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Grey Grimly

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
1 Review
Added on March 21, 2013
Last Updated on March 24, 2013
Tags: silvertongue, love, darkness, kira, stuff, and, other, such, things


Author

Grey Grimly
Grey Grimly

Wonderland, MI



About
"I like an escalator because an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs." -Mitch Heberg more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Grey Grimly


Two Two

A Chapter by Grey Grimly