Time Keeping.

Time Keeping.

A Story by Aiden J. Faber
"

A short story about portals, cats, cows and the keeping of time.

"

Saved from the ocean, and all the books you read about keeping time.

A waterfall surrounded by the brightest lights, a field of cows.

It sat and watched them for awhile, trees and water, a week has passed.

Time moves on.


The trees stay on the hill, all the cows are still the same.

The field has been opened up, there is a portal.

This is the passage, this is where you are supposed to go.

The rest of you is sealed off.


It's a long walk to the portal, this is all you have now, you're on your way.

You step through, and find yourself in another place, it feels different.

Everything looks normal, the cows, the trees.

They're all normal.


But now there are trees that can walk, humans are walking around in suits. Time no longer affects you, though you might have to alter your thought processes, that will come in time.


The cats, these are different than any of the cats you've met, they will always watch you as you walk, every step you take. There are stairs to climb until you will come face to face with time.


And the more you progress the more time there is. Your actions mean nothing, though you think your time is important. It may not be. You don't know what's more valuable to you, time is something you can't explain. There is no time, there is no day, there are no nights. 


The past means nothing, all you know now is this portal, a second in front of your face.


Time is not a thing, It is only a construct of the humans. Your brain does not know that, your body does not know that. You are a being that exists in a world that isn't there. This world is real, it's here and you are not. You can look right through time, there is nothing behind you.

© 2021 Aiden J. Faber


Author's Note

Aiden J. Faber
Your feedback is most welcome, it might help shape or even change the direction of this story, as I keep working at it. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Made my mind wander to the Aussie outback and Lake Henshaw. Made my mind ponder my relationship with cats, the behavior of cows and Captain Janeway's headaches. I'd love to read more.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aiden J. Faber

3 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind feedback and encouraging words, really appreciated.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 20, 2021
Last Updated on February 20, 2021
Tags: time, portal, cows, Cats

Author

Aiden J. Faber
Aiden J. Faber

About
Poetry and short story writer. more..