Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope

A Stage Play by Artiste de Mots
"

This is from the perspective of a character (likely employed in the field of psychology) as they confess to another person (likely a person they're in love with) how they make them feel.

"
People have always been something I've understood. I mean, I know I'm socially inept, incapable of speech, horrid at communicating, become tired and irritable when with people for an extended period of time, am awful at picking up sarcasm, take offense to much more than I should, and have an irrational fear of crowds. But. People make sense to me. Even when they're trying to be subtle or indirect, people's thoughts, feelings, emotions just look clear to me. I mean, I do have 20/20 vision.
What I'm trying to say is, I like noticing people's body language and facial expressions, how they reveal so much they don't say. I like listening to those undertones in people's voices. I like that when I'm assessing other people, it detaches me from the jumble of unclarity in my own mind. Looking at and listening to people, it's how I see things exactly as they are, and I like the groundedness in that.
But you? You are a kaleidoscope. You are an array of thousands of colors, overlaying each other and keeping me from figuring out what the real one is. You are a crystal clear blur that keeps me running infinite directions. I don't understand anything when I'm looking at the world with you, but I like it. You make me see things a different way, a way that I cannot decipher, but something about you seems more like what I've been waiting for all along. You. don't. make. sense. But you are beautiful. The universe is a much more incredible place with a kaleidoscope.

© 2015 Artiste de Mots


Author's Note

Artiste de Mots
Enjoy reading, and feel free to mention any comments or criticisms that you may have.

I feel like the confession part may be too short in comparison to the set-up, so I would appreciate if you told me what you thought of that specifically.

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
Added on February 17, 2015
Last Updated on February 17, 2015

Author

Artiste de Mots
Artiste de Mots

I live in the Milky Way Galaxy.



About
I've gone through great lengths to try and get my art (whether theatrical, musical, physical, vocal) into the world, and this is one more way I can. I adore reading, just the way I can fall into a .. more..

Writing
Fog Fog

A Poem by Artiste de Mots