Always

Always

A Poem by Giulia King

   Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. 
...
   Always the poet, never the poem.


© 2018 Giulia King


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your words captured the feeling of being in the background, always the bridesmaid or the poet, but never the one who is celebrated for their work. I appreciated the honesty in your words, and the way that you captured the complexity of this emotion.

Your poem is a reminder that even if we feel like we are always overlooked, we still have value and worth. I found that message to be incredibly powerful, and it gave me hope during a time when I was feeling undervalued myself. Your poem is a testament to the power of art to connect with people on a deep emotional level, and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to read it.

Thank you for sharing your talent with the world, and for reminding us all that even if we feel like we are always the bridesmaid or the poet, we still have something valuable to contribute.

Posted 9 Months Ago


the poem is the poet, you bleed ink, love this

Posted 2 Years Ago


"Always"
Giullia King,
The art shows the lady here is not using her eyes but is blindfolded. It is pretty but unfunctional. Many people's inner vision is flawed or are always meant to see ourselves and our gifts as others may? None of us can really know the future and our unment goals or desires may not be realized. Maybe adjusting our attitudes is a healthy thing. Your poem shows the very reality of human feelings pointing to what is wanted and then we decide what to do with those feelings. Great thoughtful one.
Blessings,
Kathy

Posted 5 Years Ago


Being the bride I hear isn't all that cracked up as it is made out.. And each write a poet does they live in the words that flow and written with pen or typed.. You live and breath your poetry that is how it comes to life.. Nice poem thank you for sharing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Giulia King

5 Years Ago

Thank you for sharing your wonderful words :)
Oh, but every poet is the poem, surely.
Or should I go for rehab?

Nice!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Giulia King

6 Years Ago

Lol!! Just a thought I had. Thank you for reading and for the laugh :)
Oh, I like this! Short and has a point.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Giulia King

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Diane :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
MAC
methinks that the years and many mistakes have taught me that there is more life and fun in being the poet and the bridesmaid :) :)

this is a very clevah write!!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Giulia King

6 Years Ago

You're absolutely right!! Thank you for reading :)
these two lines express a lot and this is wonderful!.....i love this write.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Giulia King

6 Years Ago

I'm happy you love it! Thank you for reading.
Very nicely said. You could argue that people who write are probably more observational than observed. There is indeed a case for saying we are personally less captivating than what we choose to write about. I certainly feel fairly anonymous nearly all the time to all but the closest family and friends. Nicely put!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Giulia King

6 Years Ago

Thank you, Nigel!
Normally I don't like a poem this short becuz I'm longing for more elaboration on a very good idea. In this case, these two lines are nicely impactful. One of the lines is a cliché, however, so I think you could stretch a bit more to come up with some additional originality in a similar vein.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Giulia King

6 Years Ago

Instead of trying to butcher the cliche, think of it as a saying people often use. There is original.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2705 Views
67 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on February 10, 2017
Last Updated on October 27, 2018

Author

Giulia King
Giulia King

New York, NY



About
more..

Writing
Ink Ink

A Poem by Giulia King



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Look Around Look Around

A Chapter by Dr. YumnaKay