The Poet Of Loneliness

The Poet Of Loneliness

A Poem by Giulia King

She was an old soul,
desperately trying to find the meaning of her life. 
She couldn’t decide which world she liked better. 
The one her body was in, 
or the one her mind liked to escape to once in a while.
Like a broken flower, she hides her thorns from the cold world. 
Hoping immensely that there is an end to everything that is draining her spiritually. 
She had a wandering pen and an endless imagination.
Writing gave her a sense of freedom and happiness. 
She was the poet of loneliness.








© 2017 Giulia King


Author's Note

Giulia King
This is not one of my best pieces.. Just a scribble. x

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

in the writing world you can be anyone you want to e,you can travel all around the world in one night

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

6 Years Ago

You're absolutely right! Reading your words actually made me happy and hopeful :)
" A wandering pen, and an endless imagination"...So poetic...Thanks for sharing your..."scribble"..😉, loved it

Poeticme

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much! :)
Beautiful. It just reminds me of a true story of a lady that committed suicide. Much of her secret writings were discovered when she was gone.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

That makes me so sad. So tragic. Do you know her name?
boygene borice

7 Years Ago

Yeah.It was so sorrowful
Giulia King

7 Years Ago

Do you know her name?
I think it is one of your best pieces...it spoke to me so deeply. I feel like that poet of loneliness, sometimes. Escaping the real world to run through the pages of fiction...writing the stories I cannot live...penning about the love I will never know. Not every poem has to be a masterpiece...it just has to carry a message that speaks to the reader. THAT is what makes it great. Nicely done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

I agree with everything you wrote, I'm like that too!
I'm hard on myself and feel like I hav.. read more
All I can say is keep scribbling for with pieces such as this we are the ones rewarded.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

You put a big smile on my face, Michael. Thank you so much :')
This is beautiful and would perfectly go with the song: "The sound of silence''. When the world is drowning us, sometimes the only thing that soothes the soul is to dip into the sea or words.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

I couldn't agree more :) Thank you so much, Ana!
I could relate to the lines. so beautiful and embracing the loneliness is what makes some people write so brilliantly...

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

I agree. Thank you for all of your reviews, Prachi :)
i think there is something to be said for how relatable this poem is...especially for me, thinking of my dad's last days and how he no longer had the purpose of taking care of my mom since she had passed a few years ago...
and his body was breaking down...he was always so proud, so tough and took care of everyone else...now he was cared for...and i am sure his mind wandered within his dementia..wondering just what his purpose was.
j.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

That's very sad to hear/read. But, your dad sounds like an amazing man :)
Many writers and Poets embrace loneliness.
"She had a wandering pen and an endless imagination.
Writing gave her a sense of freedom and happiness.
She was the poet of loneliness."
I liked the above lines. I thoughts I would die alone. I was lucky. A kind woman felt pity for me. Thank you Gullia for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

Feels like I'm destined to be alone. Thank you for reading :)
Your choice of presentation and image is sheer perfection in simple, direct, uncomplicated expression.
Dear Gullia,
For me, this little "scribble" of yours is such a rare, unexpected, and unique experience, because it could easily have been written for/of me, as the emotional timbre, the poignant ambiance of your gripping words fit my nature to a tee, and I guess it's one of the prime reasons why my pieces are so much about fantasizing the textures, hues, and sensations of love, feelings, togetherness … but, there "is" a sense of my revealing depth of loneliness reflected in some of them, too.
Enough about me!
I love your poetic voice, for how vividly real, directly true, and honest it speaks unto my being and core, and in the way(s) it so smoothly and easily touches the heart … deftly and vividly tugging your swept fans into, through, and between the physical, imaginative, and emotional realms.

Thanks ever so warmly for sharing your fine skills, and You✨ ⁓ Richard

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

Wow, thank you so, so much for the amazing review, Richard! I really appreciate this!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1897 Views
50 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 27, 2017
Last Updated on February 28, 2017

Author

Giulia King
Giulia King

New York, NY



About
more..

Writing
Ink Ink

A Poem by Giulia King



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Pebbles Pebbles

A Poem by Valentine