Sirius

Sirius

A Poem by Giulia King

Red wine,
Sleeping pills.
Helps me get back into your arms.
"I miss you," I said with a deep broken voice.
"So miss me," she whispered.
"Miss me and then let me go,
don't waste all your precious imagination on me."

She wasn't looking for love when I stumbled into her,
She was looking for serenity. 
 "You've obliterated my soul,
 Your brightness entered my dark crevices,
 the kind of brightness that was enough to fill a dark sky." 
I said as I was staring at the glittering night sky. 

The darkness surrounds me once again 
as I leave my Sirius in the depths of my despair.
What we had together was a transient reality,
 One I'll never forget,
 A bond, I’ll always miss,
 And you, I’ll always love, til' the end of my days and beyond. 

...


© 2018 Giulia King


Author's Note

Giulia King
Fun fact about Sirius: Sirius is well known as the Dog Star, because it’s the chief star in the constellation, Canis Major, the Big Dog. It’s the sky’s brightest star.
In ancient Egypt, the name Sirius signified its nature as scorching or sparkling.
In India, Sirius is sometimes known as Svana, the dog of Prince Yudhistira.
I can talk about stars forever, they're so magical to me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Everything here is painted with a deep enchantment. I somehow started with your author's note, which reminded me of the glory of the stars. And then your poetry came to life in each color and shade of their light that fills our skies. There is an awakening pain that grows in your thoughts, yet a sacred bond that glows into the eternal places. Wondrous.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Giulia King

5 Years Ago

Thank you for this amazing review! Sorry for the delay.



Reviews

This is certainly emotional, but you've got some incomplete sentences and verb tenses that disagree. Not bad.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I often never miss a beat, in mumbling a wish upon seeing a shooting star. Intriguing things they, and you expressed that delight here. Cool work!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Giulia King

5 Years Ago

Thank you for reading, Deco! :)
Aloha Guillia, the stars certainly have a dreaminess and ethereal quality to them. Your opening lines are offered beautifully and capture the heart of being ‘connected’

You’ve captured Sirius beautifully Hawaiian, Kanaka - covet the stars as pacific navigators the stars are guardians of voyage - they appear many times in our stories and songs. Lovely. Mahalo, Izzy

Posted 5 Years Ago


Giulia King

5 Years Ago

Aloha, beautiful. Thank you for your wonderful review. xo
I like your poem, the stars are magical, I think they're both beautiful and melancholic in the way that some of the stars you see aren't really there anymore. It's like looking at photographs of passed on loved ones. Also I too find the 'Kid A' album very inspiring

Posted 5 Years Ago


Giulia King

5 Years Ago

Yes, exactly! How fascinating is that?! :) Thank you for reading!
Your writes are always so dreamy and magical. I like that. Especially liked the start here, 'red wine, sleeping pills, helps me get back in your arms'..sometimes dreams are the only way to be with someone.
Lovely write, Gullia. x

Posted 5 Years Ago


Giulia King

5 Years Ago

Thank you for reading, my dear friend. xoxo
What would we do without the stars... day or not, they're there, hidden from view, looking down, wondering if we realise, that unlike our 'fellows', they'll return night after night for ever more. As to Sirius, the sentry, the guaridan.. the one who beckons and says.. 'am here, now look for my forever presence in your world, even if not there, the we of us is etched in time. Perhaps.

This is such a beautiful poem, you've captured the sky, Sirius and all, in a masterly way.. gently yet adamantl that however the heart feels, the mind holds a memory - however dark, tis there as a reminder of how to be, how to see things anew. ..

Posted 5 Years Ago


Giulia King

5 Years Ago

Thank you for your wonderful review, Emma :) xo
emmajoy

5 Years Ago

You're more than welcome. Have corrected my terrible spelling.. careless me.
When you wish upon a star …. great poetic imagination is bestowed … just like your fabulous write; smooth soft and starry - a twinkling delight to read - :-)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Giulia King

5 Years Ago

Thank you for your beautiful words :)
Everything here is painted with a deep enchantment. I somehow started with your author's note, which reminded me of the glory of the stars. And then your poetry came to life in each color and shade of their light that fills our skies. There is an awakening pain that grows in your thoughts, yet a sacred bond that glows into the eternal places. Wondrous.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Giulia King

5 Years Ago

Thank you for this amazing review! Sorry for the delay.
I loved this! I learned something new about the stars! Even if you didn't understand this, you could almost see another meaning, at least I do. Almost like a love story where it wasn't both ways, or something like that. Either ways, great job!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Giulia King

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading :)
I love dogs, have a rescue pup of my own, and have always been fascinated with Sirius. Thank you for the great information and equally great and touching poem, Giulia. Sad and celebratory at the same time. “Miss me and then let me go...”-deeply personal dialogue, filled with emotion. Stellar imagery, eloquent language and flow. You give us the truth of love’s painful and deeply-etched good-byes, and leave us wondering if stars cry. Beautiful.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Giulia King

5 Years Ago

You are very welcome :) I'm happy you liked the little fun fact about Sirius. I think stars are abso.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1641 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 27, 2018
Last Updated on May 28, 2018

Author

Giulia King
Giulia King

New York, NY



About
more..

Writing
Ink Ink

A Poem by Giulia King



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..