Of Hummingbird

Of Hummingbird

A Poem by GunMetal
"

Something nice.

"
I hover like an underscore above the water
watching the vapor twist to my presence.
It reminds me how fragile the air is,
and how fortunate that is for me.

Do you sometimes wish your wings could whisper?
Do I resist the urge to bury myself in your hair
because it smells like how flowers taste?

Maybe.

I can stay perched for only so long.
I know your heart beats slowly.

Having the imagination you do,
you like the way the scattered clouds in the morning
sometimes look like crayon scribbles.

I had never thought of it like that before.
You’re absolutely right.

I could learn a thing or two from you about
producing such a beautiful aura,
and in return,
I could show you how to move in any direction,
even backwards,
without fear.

Take notice the hum of my awkward.
It’s hard to keep a good composure
when my heart has beaten twelve-hundred times
in the last minute.

Don’t worry.
I’m not afraid to sing for you.

© 2012 GunMetal


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like the aura you give to this poem. The only piece of advice I have for you is just to make sure you keep the same flow of rhythm going when you write a poem in this style. What I mean is make sure you're going in the same direction. In the beginning it was really poetic, but then you got a little childish when you used crayon scribbles for a simile. Then you went poetic again. Make sure you stay in the same direction. Overall this was really awesome and I think that your potential really stood out when you wrote this!

Love it :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"I could show you how to move in any direction, even backwards, without fear."
This is such a phenomenal line, the entire poem is remarkable, clouds and crayon scribbles, incredible, but the last stanza and the closing two lines just floors me.


Posted 11 Years Ago


wow, I loved this, captures a canvas of nature painted in poetry.

Posted 11 Years Ago


So beautiful, made me fly and the best poem I read to day so far.
Poeticly gifted, and the idea of this is mesmerizing. Worked out with so much romance. Thank you.

E.L.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I don't understand the prosody of the first stanza. I found the questions were not predicated. The "Maybe" line weakens the power of the previous content. "A beautiful aura" sounded a little generic for me. The full stop after "Don't stop really might be accentuated with total phonetic dissonance. It might set off your fab last line a little more.

Everything else made my day. You're quite a talent. Am hooked. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very nice write. I really enjoyed it! The only advice I could give is to go back and cut, cut, cut. It will help some alliteration and images have better emphasis if you cut out the right words and phrases. Very powerful piece already and even greater potential.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Eve
This is a gorgeous write, I love how you ended it, not afraid to sing for her, if we all could just be so brave.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good piece of writing, really like the line about how fragile the air is, and the hair metaphor is great too, very original. There are lots of good ideas here, a well written poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very wistful. And nicely, written too. A great piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great poem. Graceful in some way the words. Nicely put together. Make me want to be that bird.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Im taken away by this piece, written with such sensativity and elegance.
The idea is beauitful i love the use of aura's in the poem i think it added the perfect effect.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1466 Views
37 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 1, 2012
Last Updated on June 1, 2012

Author

GunMetal
GunMetal

Wish You Were Here, Alta Loma, CA



About
First off, if you have a Tumblr, feel free to follow me with the link up there next to my picture. Also, My Twitter. ------------------------------------------------- Find me somehow. My name .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sacred Text Sacred Text

A Poem by Muse