High School Crush

High School Crush

A Story by Cody
"

Two teenage boys, struggling to find out who they are (romantically speaking), find a special kind of spark that ignites between each other.

"

I craved nothing more than falling hopelessly, desperately in love.

I wanted to be in a relationship. A real relationship �" not some five-day thing like the typical high school student has. No. I wanted the kind of relationship where whenever I saw the one I liked walk through the door, I got chills just looking at them because my heart couldn’t contain itself. I wanted to feel the blood rushing through my veins when I saw them. I wanted to feel excited and melodious when I was near love; but sadly, I was unsure if that was for me.

You see, the last few years, I’d been looking for a relationship. I was always the kind of guy who saw someone, then got close to them, and began to feel feelings for them. A crush just rather happened. I would profess how I felt to this person, hoping that they’d been feeling the same; but sadly, they almost never returned the feeling.

“Oh Dylan, that’s sweet, but I can’t.” One would say.

“Oh, that’s very inappropriate!” Another would say.

Trust me, my list of rejections could go on and on and on.

It wasn’t until one night, my senior year, in which I decided I was going to swear off love. Something inside me emotionally just popped and saying ‘hey since nobody has ever liked me �" why bother?’ That night, I thought to myself that I would surely be staying by the miniscule thought I had. If only I had the power to predict the unforeseen.  

I was at my locker the next day, talking to all of my friends, when we realized that we only had thirty seconds left to get to class. On a normal day, we’re always late to class. My friends and I always stay at my locker until the bell rings, and then go to class. Today, we all parted early. My group of friends, which consisted of four other people at my locker, paired off to go to class. I had class with my friend Sarah next period �" pre-calc. 

“Oh, shoot,” She cursed herself as we rounded the corner. “I forgot my text book!”

As she turned around to go get it, I asked, “Do you want me to come with you to get it?”

“No,” She hesitated, “Just go to class. I’ll meet you there.” With a wave of her hand, she was headed the opposite direction. I let out a sigh and continued to walk to pre-calc. My black backpack was steadied on my shoulders. My hands were holding onto the arm straps.

I was walking quickly down the hallways, which were crowded with screaming freshmen, banging lockers, and blaring music from many different iPods. I felt a clump in my throat, as if something was going to happen. I put my right hand to my throat to feel if the clump was visible, or if it was all just in my head. The thought that I wanted to give up on finding somebody to have an actual relationship with was weighing down hard on me. I wanted to stay true to the commitment I’d made to myself.

For a moment, I put my head down and took a deep breath; feeling the force of somebody bump into me as if from nowhere. I wasn’t paying attention to what was in front of me. The boy, a new kid to our school, dropped all of his books and papers all over the floor. “Oh crap! I’m so sorry.” I spoke, with my voice sounding raspy. I coughed, thinking that I’d needed a drink.

He let out a grunt and got on the ground, trying to pick up his numerous papers. In the two weeks that he’d been at our school �" he’d surely accumulated a lot of schoolwork.

I bent down and tried to help him. “Oh gosh, I didn’t mean it �" I swear.” I was too apologetic of a person, which is a con to being overly polite.

“It’s fine,” He groaned. His forehead was crinkled, and his eyebrows shadowing over his eyes. “Really, it’s no biggie.”

The halls began to clear out and the silence was becoming louder and louder. I held a stack of his AP homework in my hands. He must have been super smart �" it was physics and his writing the equations on the sheet had seemed like Farsi to me. I reached over for one of the papers on the floor. We were both grabbing for the same paper. I felt my breath flow away from me, as both of our hands touched each other on the way to grab the sheet.

We both looked up at each other. This was the first time I’d gotten to see his face. His face was very proportional and smooth. His brown hair was short and his green eyes reflected off the light. His cheeks were slowly fading to a rosy red color. I could feel mine do the same. I had to remind myself to breath. It seemed he had to as well. He appeared to have lost his place for a moment.

I let go of the sheet. His hand drifted off mine and onto the paper. I looked into his eyes, which were extremely dilated, as they examined my face. He had this smell, which resembled lilacs. It was familiar, and calming.

“I’m Dylan, by the way.” I coughed with my ugly voice, extending my hand.  

“Oh, uh, Hi,” He stammered, shaking his head, “I’m, uh, Michael,” He extended his arm outwards and we shook hands as the bell rang. His palms were sweaty, and I could feel his nervousness. The moment of euphoria had been uplifted. The moment had just seemed like a blur to me.

We both stood to our feet. I rather towered over Michael. My hands stuck out and handed him back his papers. “Here’s your stuff,” I murmured.

“Thanks,” He nodded up and down as he set his sheets on top of his binder. He got one last look at my blue eyes, and then walked passed me.

I turned around, and called, “I’ll see you around!”

My heart sank as he turned around, pivoting on one of his heels. He had a huge smile on his face as his eyes checked my body out up and down. “Yeah, I think you will.” His voice sounded creaky. He let out a chuckle, and continued walking. I put my hand on my chin as I watched him walk about three to five steps, looking at his butt as he rounded the corner. From around that same corner, my friend Sarah came back around. I could see her checking the new kid out as well.

“Dylan!” She shouted, spinning her head around from his backside to me. “Why haven’t you gotten to class yet?”

“I bumped into the new kid,”

“Oh, yeah, he’s cute.”

I couldn’t agree more.  

© 2013 Cody


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Cody
Okay, so I wrote this piece for my creative writing class last semester, and the class was in love with it. I decided to post it for this reason.

The assignment in class was to write down a secret we had. The secret would then go anonymously into a hat. We then went around the room and drew a secret from the hat. Which ever secret we got, we had to write a story on. My secret was "I crave nothing more that falling hopelessly, desperately in love."

Let me know what you think and what I could critique!
Thanks! :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

you are great, one thing about me, i ain't a critic
no i love people who write, and i like people who

share their stuff on here, yeah, writing is a passion
for me, and it looks like it's a passion for you
this is great, straight from the heart

92 out of 100

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

you are great, one thing about me, i ain't a critic
no i love people who write, and i like people who

share their stuff on here, yeah, writing is a passion
for me, and it looks like it's a passion for you
this is great, straight from the heart

92 out of 100

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicely written. The scene, the nervous first meeting, the hope and promise of things to come. All very well expressed.

I can identify to readily with wanting to fall in love. Though in my case, I fall in love too easily and it never seems to be returned. Its one thing to love someone, but to be in love WITH them is what I know, for me, is hard to find. I hope, if it is a true story, that you find that love .. maybe not with that cute guy, but with someone special.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody

10 Years Ago

Hey, they're called crushes for a reason - you're crushed because they don't want you! Ahaha
Seems like a page from a diary or something, very cute and romantic. Its actually good to see how well describe things with such simplicity of language. I think you should try turning it into a novel. Good going.. :-)

Posted 10 Years Ago


very interesting , i like it , i will check out ,, Romance is a Firework '' next

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very cute story. Falling in love is very hard to do, despite everyone thinking that it is so easy. And many a times, it happens when you least expect it. I spotted a few grammar issues, but nothing all that serious. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

you have a very youthful, conversational style that comes thru in your writing. While the teen/young adult genre is not typically what I choose, you do write intriguing stories. I would say you could use improvement on tense and maybe sentence order, but your style would and will appeal to the young adult crowd

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A flawless story depicting a longing for true love, I know this feeling very well, so I feel for this story very strongly. Great job! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really thought it was great and I hope to see more of the story!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sweet yellow penguins! Ohmygawd that was just so cute and really beautiful! The romance was gorgeous and the emotion poured out from the story like nobody's business! Wicked job! I loved it ^^

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is really good, i like how it captures the feeling at the perfect time

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1505 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 6, 2013
Last Updated on September 14, 2013
Tags: Teenagers, High School, YA, Boys, Gays, Butts, Writing, Creative Writing, Secret, Secret Story

Author

Cody
Cody

NY



About
Hi! I'm Cody, I'm 20, and I'm from New York! I hope to be an English teacher one day, as well as a famous author. This page is just a sample of my work! more..

Writing
Coming Out Coming Out

A Story by Cody



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..