New World

New World

A Poem by Ray
"

Spring on its way...

"

Winter at its close is a wondrous sight to behold. The green shoots spring from the softening earth, and the first white flowers come in sight. They blend first with the cold white snow, but soon wears it off. The once grey sky, with its shadow cast on the frozen earth has become a clear blue crystal ball, that encircles this life and rolls out through time. The birds begin to sing much brighter songs, which can cheer even the weariest of souls. They twitter all day long as they fashion their different nests. Sometimes, when I sit, I wonder if there is not one civilization in the trees, one that has designs too. To see all the different shapes of nests, though very alike, to see the colored eggs resting in them which will give off new chicks; everything seems so magical about the close of Winter. The light dims not more but shines blindingly through the opening leaves. The trees are the most wondrous, because they are the quickest to give the signs. The little buds, all frozen by cold Winter’s frost are now free to grow. They become bigger, as if swelling with pride for their time has come. Soon thereof, they become open leaves or bright colored flowers to give fruit to the forest in need. The deers that bark, I hear them from my orchards. They call to each other, and I’m glad hunting time is over. A romantic atmosphere has begun to settle, and fowls of the air spread their wings and clasp their claws, foxes nose each other, and little pups finally can be found if one look carefully. The sun shines over me, over the world, telling us how fond he is to be back to full height to new rebirth; because the earth is reborn, a cycle she has that goes each time back to the beginning and where new chances start. Yes indeed ! Winter at its close is a wondrous sight to behold.

© 2012 Ray


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
This is a clear picture of winters awe. I felt like I was there looking at it with you. Great read :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is breathaking, sweety.

Such visualization, clear picture, beautifully written and chosen words. It's very rare I see poets focusing and painting on a simple picture and turning it into an even bigger and interesting one.
I enjoyed reading this very much! I would advise you to get it published ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very true, the seasonal changes are amazing. I think you depicted that change just about perfectly. I like the examples for the change you give, it shows a power of observation, and also your talent for detailed descriptions.
Wonderful poem!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 5, 2012
Last Updated on April 5, 2012

Author

Ray
Ray

About
"Let us remember: one book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world." - Malala Yousafzai "To hold a pen is to be at war." - Voltaire "The pen is mightier than the sword." - E.. more..

Writing
Being Being

A Poem by Ray


The Wind The Wind

A Story by Ray


Take a look Take a look

A Story by Ray