Chapter 3 ~ Defense Against the Dark Arts

Chapter 3 ~ Defense Against the Dark Arts

A Chapter by Ray
"

The cold stare...

"

Afternoon came on slowly, and Andresa didn’t look as charming as she might have the first night in the school. She now constantly looked very tense. Hermione noticed that there was a strange difference in the tones of skin color going from one side of her face to the other, as though she put a great amount of powder on particular spots. She spoke of it to the boys.

“ I’ve noticed she has strange tones in skin color. Haven’t you seen it ?” the boys shook their heads. She sighed. “ Of course not, you are too preoccupied looking into her mesmerizing green eyes.” Both Harry and Ron looked embarrassed by it. They didn’t reply anything.

“ Here she comes,” Ron whispered.

“ Why is she always sticking on to us ?” Hermione looked annoyed.

“ I don’t know,” said Harry. They watched her coming, and this time, Harry looked carefully at her face. Yes, there was two lines on her cheek, slightly smudge, that were darker than her skin color, and on the other, there was only one going from the corner of the eye down to the jaw, just as though she was trying to hide some scars, perhaps. She seemed unaware to be the center of attention.

“ You guys are going to be late for the defence against the dark arts,” she said passing simply by. They instantaneously stood up and left the bench on which they were sitting and trailed behind her.

“ Now we’re the ones following her,” Ron muttered.

 

Everyone was already seated when the four of them walked in. Hermione hurried to her place, peeking vaguely at where miss Umbridge should have been sitting and was not. The class was very silent and Harry, along with Ron, quickly went to find their places as the door on top of the stairs opened and a pink silhouette could be perceived. This let Andresa stand alone, in the middle of the room, reluctant to go sit in the only spot that was free : next to Draco Malefoy. Umbridge sauntered down the stairs like a queen, a hand on the rail, and was also glaring like one at the girl. Andresa didn’t move and didn’t flinch. She hadn’t been noticed by anyone just yet, much less by Draco. Finally, the lady was standing in front of her desk and clasped her hands together, and atrocious smile pulled at the corner of the excessively colored lips.

“ Welcome to my class, miss Blue. Please, sit down. Do forgive me but there are no more places other than the one next to mister Malefoy. I’m certain you’ll be pleased to meat him.” Everyone noticed Draco’s startled reaction and how Andresa was definitely not happy of having to sit next to him. No hellos were exchanged, but that wasn’t a big surprise : it would be thought because Umbridge punished anyone who spoke in her classroom. Andresa sat down straight and without a word next to Draco, staring ahead during the whole time. There was only Luna to understand, and she sighed, shaking her head sadly.



© 2012 Ray


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on June 5, 2012
Last Updated on June 5, 2012


Author

Ray
Ray

About
"Let us remember: one book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world." - Malala Yousafzai "To hold a pen is to be at war." - Voltaire "The pen is mightier than the sword." - E.. more..

Writing
Being Being

A Poem by Ray


The Wind The Wind

A Story by Ray


Take a look Take a look

A Story by Ray