Chapter 6 ~ The New "Professor"

Chapter 6 ~ The New "Professor"

A Chapter by Ray
"

Andresa doesn't feel well, there's someone new sitting next to professor McGonagall...

"

Only a few minutes after Harry had left, Andresa didn’t feel so well. She clutched her stomach and had a violent headache. She said she was going to go to the dormitories and rest a bit. Luna asked if she could help her get there. She shook her head and said that she would be fine, she just needed to have some sleep, that was all. Another lie. As soon as she was not within sight of the Hall, she sprinted forward, running down the halls as one would after her life, though it wasn’t for her life, it was for someone else. Her footsteps echoed and bounced off the walls, trailing behind her, but preceding her too. The hallways were dark and she ran, ran toward Gryffindor. She finally came to the corner. Corner where Harry had stood only a few moments ago. She began to feel cold, and drew out her wand. Lumos. White sparks came from the wand only to disappear in the thick darkness. She touched the cold, damp wall and looked round and there saw a figure floating, a cloak surrounding it. She could make out Harry on the other side, staring at the foul thing. She whistled, finding nothing better to do as the figure was menacing to throw a spell on Harry. The figure whirled around and withdrew from Harry, approaching her, so she stepped back behind the corner and walked backwards silently. The thing came around the corner and she squinted at it. What was it ? She had never seen such thing on her hunting trips with her father. The silver hands caught the moonlight through the windows. She raised her hand, attempting to have light one more time. It did not work either, and the thing seemed to flinch at the sight of the white sparks. It doesn’t like the light. She stepped against the wall, and turned her head to the shadow, waiting as it came closer and closer. She noticed that it was indeed floating in the air, and that feet could not be visible, but then, all creatures from the Dark have not necessarily two hand and feet. The figure was not even a yard away from her, and circled round to be facing her, keeping nearly exactly the same diameter distance from her. A reeking smell came from the hood. She wrinkled her nose and kept alert.

“ What are you ?” she whispered. If she was frightened, it could not be felt in her voice. The shadow seemed to be attracted by her voice and seemed to straighten if it were possible to see anything in the dark. There was a still silence that pursued and she raised her eyebrows. Her eyes shown brightly in the dark. Cat-like eyes. “ I’ve never seen the likes of you anywhere.” A hum came from beneath the hood barely seconds later and suddenly she was aware that she was in danger.

Stupefy,” she whispered quickly. Nothing happened, and the hum went on, and seemed to make the whole of the corridor vibrate. “ Expelliarmus,” she tried. The shadow only withdrew as she said the word, and broke a window, disappearing out in the darkness and letting the night air in. She heard the glass break and fall to the ground. Rushed sounds of feet came round the corner. It was Harry. She pressed against the wall, hoping that he wouldn’t see her, and he didn’t. He came to the broken window and looked dazed in the pale moonlight. He looked straight at her but didn’t see her. Then he went away, on towards the restroom, walking as quickly as he could. Andresa waited till he had disappeared from sight and that she could hear him no more to move round the corner again and to the Gryffindor door. As she came, wind blew under the door and she could hear a little whizzing sound. She looked up, and there the lady was, asleep in the portrait.

 

Hermione, known to be very observant and smart nudged Ron who was eating like a pig.

“ Wha ?” he said his mouthful, looking up at her in his innocent, boyish expression.

“ Who is that sitting next to McGonagall ? I’ve never seen him here, ever.” She was nodding to a young man in a grey cloak, with black hair and icy blue eyes, and a rather handsome face, smiling but looking serious at professor McGonagall.

“ No idea,” Ron said after swallowing down his food. “ But I really hope he might be a teacher for defence against the dark arts.”

“ I doubt that will happen,” Luna said kindly.

“ Well, whoever he is, he seems out of place up there with the professors. Much too young,” Hermione said.

“ And good looking,” Ginny added, coming to sit by them. “ Whichever class he will be teaching, all the girls will be after him.”

“ So all the boys will hate him,” Ron said nearly grumpily.

“ I don’t think that will happen,” Luna shook her head. “ I mean him teaching. He’s here for something else, I’m sure.” Hermione stared at her, slightly dumbfounded, thinking that perhaps Luna might be a little crazy, but that she could be indeed smart and perhaps even…wise. Ginny looked at them all.

“ Where’s Harry ?” she asked.

“ Went to the restroom,” Hermione and Ron said at the same time.

“ Isn’t it a bit long to be in the restroom now ?” Luna wondered aloud, raising an eyebrow.



© 2012 Ray


Author's Note

Ray
Right, so I might have made mistakes in the spelling of the names like professor McGonagall, could you please point it out please ? thank you

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on June 10, 2012
Last Updated on June 10, 2012


Author

Ray
Ray

About
"Let us remember: one book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world." - Malala Yousafzai "To hold a pen is to be at war." - Voltaire "The pen is mightier than the sword." - E.. more..

Writing
Being Being

A Poem by Ray


The Wind The Wind

A Story by Ray


Take a look Take a look

A Story by Ray