The Mother Child Bond

The Mother Child Bond

A Story by Ronda

There is nothing sweeter and more absorbing than a sleeping baby.

All my thoughts are replaced by the weight of her in my arms, her sweet and rhythmic breathing, her perfect, delicate features, the way she loves me and feels safer with me than anyone. Her trust in me is astounding! Her sighs and coos are such that only I can fully understand. She grasps my shirt as if we cannot ever be close enough and she never wants this moment to end.

Then, so quietly and softly, I stand from my rocking chair with her in my arms, all the while gazing at her in disbelief that she is mine. I lay her down in her bed and she fusses just a little from the shock of my warmth leaving her. I touch her tender cheek and whisper, "I love you, sweetheart." and even though there is no response, I know that when she awakes, she will have heard me.

This is the silent language between a child and a mother and it is something that is inseparable and unbreakable forever and eternity.

© 2008 Ronda


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a wonderful story , you describe it so well and with such tender and gentel way, I really know that feelings , so well, it works also with dads , there is nothing compare to that feeling of love to your own child. I will add this one to my favorites, Thank you for sharing such an intimate moment of your life :-) Yossi

Posted 15 Years Ago


wow.. beautiful stuff,. but just a thought. you are a poet. that's obvious in you other stuff, yet this...incredible sharing of emotion - you present in "story" format. My suggestion is to WITHOUT CHANGING A WORD OR ANY PUNCTUATION..
present it
as poetry.

because it is.
(I way like it) Dax
btw, if you ever come to Homer ... 299-0319 ... Dax

Posted 15 Years Ago


The way you feel about the infant, expressing such profound love and attachment is as it should be, and indeed is, almost all the time. You're the good mother, and it shows. Your words are comforting to my ears.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

525 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 10, 2008

Author

Ronda
Ronda

AK



Writing
Gold Dredge #3 Gold Dredge #3

A Poem by Ronda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..