Pocket of Dishonesty

Pocket of Dishonesty

A Poem by gypsynight
"

Being vulnerable

"
I stole your trust I just couldn't stand getting to know the insides of you. The warmth of your heart. It seemed to risky to be abused, so I gathered my distractions and sugarcoated words, fed your vulnerability so I could kill your wishful thinking. Bury your hidden doubts and leave you with as much distrust in the drought we have been stuck in when the trust well dried out. Teasing are hungry mouth that have not tasted trust in so long, that they forgot how it smelled when its purest form was the truest delight that you saved for dessert when you were younger. You had not yet dined with lies and broken vision. As if being simple was still in style and the expiration was still viable. The ingredients were not yet stale or gone to being so stretched thin to the point they crumble. You saved all the words, the gestures for rainy weather when the fog covers the lake of your most fond deceiving lesson. How to be a hundred percent comfortable in your skin and humble with the battles you choose to fight. Railroad tracks that carry your train of thought to better places. No more wasted memories or forgotten failures to look back on. I have sabotaged my own ending and rewritten the beginning, each chapter mimicking the next one, till your halfway threw. Your thinking about giving up, as you take another hit from the pipe the devils living in. You've seen enough more then anyone could imagine the best people have become the enemy and the worst became your only company. Not every story will be pretty or presentable, not every punchline had a funny joke. Not every person had the best intentions in mind. And there's darkness at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes I lose my perception and my moral compass. The glasses are not the right lenses. Should have traded them in and used my best judgement. Till the end is near, your growing frantic and thin you know it's time. But you cant seem to lose your grip on it.
Because then who would you be without it.

© 2019 gypsynight


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You've seen enough more then anyone could imagine the best people have become the enemy and the worst became your only company.

The above is a good example of a run-on sentence which makes it uncomfortable to read.

You've seen enough, more then anyone could imagine, the best people have become the enemy and the worst became your only company.

The first sentence also sounds like a run-on.

I stole your trust I just couldn't stand getting to know the insides of you.

I stole your trust, I just couldn't stand getting to know the insides of you.

Punctuation is there so the reader doesn't get confused. Lack of paragraphs is another reason people don't want to read something. It's kind of a tip-off something's not right.

You have some good ideas here and it's important you're not misunderstood. That's the reason I've pointed out these things. Grammar, punctuation and sentence structure are really good things to learn and know. Otherwise, people may pass up what you've written and that would be a shame, being you have something to say.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Added on March 30, 2019
Last Updated on March 30, 2019

Author

gypsynight
gypsynight

Garrettsville, OH



About
Blue more..

Writing