The Ghillie and the Fey

The Ghillie and the Fey

A Story by Hammerschild
"

A short story ( very short)

"
A faithful young ghillie was tending his master’s flock one cold night in the hills of Ardmore.
As the night wore on and bitter chill set in he's bones he heard the sound of merry piping and fiddling.
Smelled the smells of roasting meat and fresh bread.
The sound drew him closer.
The smell of the feast was overpowering for the faithful ghillie had eaten not but bannocks and oats for nigh on a week.

Beside the cairn of ancient kings he saw the fire light in an opening in the mound where one should not be.
With awe and repose he saw they fey folk at their merry feasting.
Aye, and one wee one spied him and approached him on silent feet.
Bid him come and partake of the feast for so faithful a man was welcome among the good folk of the earth.
He was hesitant to leave his masters flock and worried over the nature of the fey.
But good sense is often over ruled by hunger and a thirst for eldritch things.
So, he was welcome.
And feasted his fill, drank his horn dry only to be refilled.
Danced with the fey and entertain their king with tales of the customs of men the Fey find so odd.
As the night wore on and fires burned low the fey wished him a fond farewell and bid him return was he able.
As his eyes opened to the dawn. the hole in the cairn was gone and all that was left was the wrinkled hands and weathered face of an old man.

© 2012 Hammerschild


Author's Note

Hammerschild
lemme have it ! I can take it !!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Poor guy . . . I hope my dreams of youth don't crash so violently

Posted 11 Years Ago


It isn't terrible; has a certain charm.

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hammerschild

11 Years Ago

Go on.......

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 1, 2012
Last Updated on October 1, 2012

Author

Hammerschild
Hammerschild

CROSBY, TX



About
Hello, I am a professional sailor ( Merchant marine not Navy). I have traveled all over the world and wrote down my thoughts and observations as i went. Mostly poems and just short musings. My family .. more..

Writing