I Was Poison; She Was Venom

I Was Poison; She Was Venom

A Story by Reeling and Writhing
"

Think of why you love someone. Now think about if it's healthy.

"

Once upon a time, there was a boy and a girl who didn’t know the difference between poison and venom.

 

Life was harsh and cruel to them both, even though neither deserved that. Every meal the boy ate was poisoned by those he trusted most, and he had to be rushed to the hospital to keep it from killing him. Every day while she was walking home from school, the girl’s legs were bitten by venomous snakes, and the venom would cause her a great amount of pain.

 

This abuse went on and on for a very long time until the boy and the girl finally had enough. They decided that they were going to be strong; the strongest anyone had ever seen. Every day, the boy decided he would drink a small vial of poison until he had become immune. Every night, the girl decided she would inject herself with a little dose of venom until she had become immune.

 

They committed to this plan, and many months later, they found that it had worked. As time went by, every dosage they took hurt less and less until they both had finally become immune. The boy was still poisoned, and the girl was still bitten every day, but it no longer hurt them. They had become too strong for their tribulations.

 

Soon, the boy and the girl fell in love. They were both in love with how strong the other became; it was a fervent love that could never be deterred. Eventually, their feelings came out and they were very happy to discover they both felt the same way. Their relationship was joyful and magical as they led each other on wonderful adventures, one after the other. However, this happiness was very short-lived.

 

See, they had never kissed. They both were too nervous. But toward the end of one particular adventure, the boy and the girl were so enamored with each other and so filled with passion and love that they finally kissed each other for the first time. And soon after, the girl fell to the ground, dead.

 

That’s the difference between poison and venom. Venom must be injected to be lethal, whereas poison only requires physical contact to produce the same effect. All of the venom injected into the girl was in her blood, under her skin; it could not hurt the boy. But the poison that had been on the boy’s lips started taking the girl as soon it touched her skin. There was no hospital nearby. The girl died in the boy’s arms, and the boy cried for the girl he loved so much for being so strong.


© 2018 Reeling and Writhing


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Added on November 19, 2018
Last Updated on November 22, 2018
Tags: love, hate, tragedy, romance, heartbreak, death, loss, grief

Author

Reeling and Writhing
Reeling and Writhing

Calgary, Alberta, Canada



About
Most anyone you come across on the street will be able to tell you at least a general synopsis of Lewis Carroll's 1860's children's story, "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland". It's a cultural and liter.. more..

Writing