Three in white and the Devil in black

Three in white and the Devil in black

A Story by Rhan F. Sydney
"

This is a dream I had quite recently and it is plaguing me...[written in the first person]

"

I stop and stare as the hallway begins to shrink into a small portal into which I must fit my body and oversized bookbag.  He is holding my hand though and leading me through the bodies that jumble together in a rush to get to a seperate destination than my own.  His hands are strong and sure but cold in my own  A light assaults my vision and I struggle to focus, things begin to blur and fade and a jarring sensation sends it all to a smokey hue. 

 

I open my eyes, blinking away the firefly spots that have entered my frame of vision.  I don't know why but the entire world is askew, it's rather disconcerting.  The world is moving again, back to upright but the scene has changed.  The walls are all stained with blackened ash and I am being held tightly.  My arms, they're sore. And my sides too.

 

I can see now, looking up, the faces of three people clad in white coats.  They wear upon their visage a horrifying smile, a grin that tells me what torture lies with them.  My skin crawls and I feel a irrepressable urge to fight, for my life, for my humanity.  I begin to scream and kick, there are people everywhere but they do and say nothing they just gaze and pass by as if there is simply a void in the negaspace that they must acknowledge and move around.

 

A gutteral screech bubbles up through my throat and pierces the thick air of the hallway. A cleft of dark cloud orchestrates itself up from the hard tile floor and  a figure like the very epitome of darkness rises out with it.  I struggle more and more against the White Coats restraining me and manage to crack a good blow to a heavy set man holding my middle, sending him flying into the ground where he is immediately engulfed by the furllows of black rolling cloud.

 

I then am sent cascading to my knees.  I land with a deafening crack and cry out in pain, then, looking up I see the Figure and the Figure is He, and He sees me. His hood falls and He puts a pale finger to His lips, whispering," Shh, it's only me."

 

Then all is black.

© 2008 Rhan F. Sydney


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

ohhhhhhhhhhhh suspenseful........... thanks for entering my contest..................

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i want more T_T **cries**
you should make a sequel dream!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can see why this dream would be a little disconcerting! I would be freaked out as well! You gave the description of the dream in vivid detail. Still freaky though...

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is an excellent little story. You managed to impart the surrealism well and give it a reality. I strong enough reality that I shuddered. Good write!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Twas very good. You used vivid imagry and made me feel as if i was there with you. Be strong....

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 28, 2008

Author

Rhan F. Sydney
Rhan F. Sydney

About
I love to hear feedback. I love to read, laugh, write, act, and hang around great people I am, by choice of proffession a performer(period.) If you want to know anything else about me, feel free to.. more..

Writing
Raw Raw

A Poem by Rhan F. Sydney



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sedition Sedition

A Story by Dianne