chapter seven

chapter seven

A Chapter by Hachamecha

Chapter 7

 

                Mike Saner shook his head. He shouldn’t have been so rash. But he knew that what Merlane was telling Vane was inexcusable. It was humiliating that he, himself, would do the same thing if he were in her position. The pain in his hand flared, and combined with the pain in his head, he stumbled a bit. The white walls of the room started to swirl with rainbow colors, and chickens. Oh God. Chikens. Evil. EVIL!  The alektorophobic scientist smacked himself.

                Vane looked at his father, worried eches increasing on his face.

                “Dad? Are… Are you OK?” Vane aked, hesitant.

                Mike looked at his son, the last gift his wife ever gave him. There was an air of questions around him, and the way he held Iana suggested that Vane was worried about more then one person.

                Mike forgot about his insane chiken fear for a moment.

                “Well, Iana didn’t throw me so hard. I only lost consiosess for 30 minutes. I guess I’m ok,” he smiled weakly. There were chikens running on the floor, laying eggs. Mike shuddered. Evil chikens.

                “Dad… Are you in so much pain that you are hallucinationg about chickens… again?” Vane asked. His father did have this problem before. The symptoms were sweating, shuddering, and mumbling, “evil chikens.”

                “Wh-what?” Mike studdered quickly. “Of-of course not!” He looked around, avoiding eye contact with his son.

                “Dad… Have you been taking your medecations..?” Vane asked suspiciously, shifting Iana in his arms.

                Mike looked at his son sharply. Immediately, he regreted it. His son’s eyes were exactly like his late wife’s. In them, he could see his wife clearly mirrored in them. He softened his face, and took on a gentler tone.

                “Yes, it’s just that my injuries caused by my foolishness is getting the better of me.” He smiled at Iana wistfully. “I never thought she would be able to throw me across the room.”

                Vane laughed silently. “Me neither. So she lived on the floating islands, huh?”

Mike regarded him carefully. “Yes… She must have been one of the ‘nobility,’ of the testing families. But by her emotions and reactions, I say she was one of the test familes.”

Vane shrugged. “Speaking of Iana, shouldn’t we do something?”

“Of course.”

“I’ll carry Iana to her bedroom. Dad, you look like you need sleep. I’ll call down Mr. Jevudokan to take care of you.”

                Mike groaned visibly. The man never liked Gehen Jevudokan. He was a former rival for his wife. The man never forgave him for ‘stealing’ her away from him, although he now has a wife and 2 sons, Sehuk and Lujofale.

                Vane chuckled, and picked up Iana, shifting her into the ‘bridal’ style of carring a human being. He walked through the doors, leaving his father stare at his back asentmindidly.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

                Vane stumbled through the halls, igonring the looks given to him in the halls. He had a goal, and he was going to reach it, although he really doesn’t want to put down Iana in her bed.

                Iana’s head ruffly settled in the crook of Vane’s arm, and shifted and snugged to get into the perfect position. This went unnoticed by Vane, who was wrapped in his own thoughts, worrying about how people would regard Iana for now on. Jaben would try his hardest to obtain custody over her, of course. He would have to pay close attention to him..

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

                Iana felt softness envelope her as Vane gently set her on her bed, and tried to get out of her unconsiousness. Vane turned around, and walked out, softly letting the door close in place. Iana mentaly sighed. Trapped in her own mind. Charming.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

                Vane walked out of Iana’s room, hands stuffed in his pckets. He hurried over to Dr. Jevudokan’s office. He slowed down as he came to the cream-colored door. He lifted his hand up to knock, and hestitated. After what seemed like an eternity, he mustered the courage to knock again, when the door opened.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………         Gehen Jevudokan sighed as he lifted from his chair. He got the call to come to Mr. Saner’s office, to take care of the professor himself. He shook his head. That man, he never could forgive him. He caused the woman he would truly ever loved’s death. He does love his current wife, but not as much as he loved Mersela.

He trudged towards his office door, getting his things ready.  He regretted his actions, and his hatred towards the professor. They were once best friends, and he missed that. Sighing, he opened the door, to find Mr. Saner’s son himself, poised to knock, surprise etched on his face.

 



© 2012 Hachamecha


Author's Note

Hachamecha
I'm sorry the chapter's short.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have seven chickens in my backyard. Let's set them loose!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
1 Review
Added on January 23, 2012
Last Updated on January 23, 2012


Author

Hachamecha
Hachamecha

Ledyard, CT



About
I don't write much anymore. I will though. I'll find my muse. She just died along with my will. 39~ -Hachamecha more..

Writing
Idea s Idea s

A Story by Hachamecha


Moving Moving

A Poem by Hachamecha


Obsura Obsura

A Poem by Hachamecha