Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hachamecha

I was falling. I hate the feeling of roller coasters. Falling straight down is fun, but there is a difference. This is no ride, and I'm going to die as soon as I hit the ground.

I didn't scream, or screw my eyes shut. Why waste your last seconds alive in terror?

I looked up, and saw the stars shine brightly. I started to relax, but my head started being flipped towards the ground. So when I fall, my death would be painless.

I saw the ground looming before me. swallowing me up. I close my eyes and smile. Even tough I had a short life, it was a good one. So my destiny was to get sucked in a book, fall, and die. I sighed in regret, knowing I can't upload that as my status in facebook. I guess things could be worse.

Apparently, destiny had other plans for me, for I snapped my eyes open when I felt the ground. Bewildered, I looked around, confused. I looked up, and saw a looming figure. It was unmistakably Thaed. He had a gun, well, his favorite gun anyway, and it was pointed at me.

I guess I'm already going to go on his kill list. Quite troublesome. I flashed my eyes at him and glared. My eyes tend to trouble people, for their unnatural color. One eye is metallic blue, and the other is metallic purple.

So usually, I cover up one eye. I like my purple eye the best, so I have my hair cover up my blue one.

The first thing out of my mouth was, "Where did you get those killer snakebites?" (I always wondered)

He didn't flinch. Go figure.

"What is your name," he asked, emotionless, (totally ignoring my question. As I said, go figure.) But I knew better. I stood up, crossed my arms, leaned against a tree, and glared again.

"Lower down the gun". The only weapon a 16 year old has is her phone. And her fists. And legs. And her malice. Don't forget every girl knows how to gouge your eyes out. "Anyway, doesn't the gentlemen offer his name first, then the lady gives hers?"

He didn't consider my solution, because he still had the gun trained on me.

"Many call me Death." He said neutrally. Oh? We're on nickname bases now? We get along real fast. On a plate of sarcasm. Well, two can play that game.

"Siri Yticilef's the name," I replied cooly. Felicity Iris is my name, but Siri Yticilef is my name backwards . As Death is Thaed backwards. But mine sounds better. Cause it's hard to say.

"But Aya or Siri is ok, D."

"What are you doing, falling out of the sky?"

I sighed, feeling like a criminal being grilled in court. "So I can enjoy the scenery and post how it felt to fall out of the sky on facebook." I paused. "I was hopping how I could ask you about that. Oh, and also how I'mclearly not dead, from the fall that should have killed me."

He paused, and said, "who are you?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"I am Death."

"Right. It is a normal, everyday thing for me to get sucked into this... world, and fall and almost die, meet a guy who calls himself Death, and have him pointing a gun at me. Yup. Totally normal. In fact, I'll post that as my new status."

I rule at sarcasm.

"Sucked into this world?"

Crap. Better change these loose tongues for my infamous silver ones. These silver tongues never lost in an argument. The debate team nearly murdered somebody to get me on their team.

"What?" I demanded crossly, ready to hit the hay. I'm sooo tired, I would kill for sleep.

"You stated that you got sucked into this world. You speak in riddles."

I sighed. "Even if I knew the answer to that question, I wouldn't answer it."

He moved so quickly, all I saw was a blur. All of a sudden, he was pinning me against the tree, his face inches away from mine, his eyes flashing.

"Oh, so you won't tell me?" His cold breath tickled my cheek. Even though if my head was clear, I would stand unfazed. But currently, all I could think about was, that he was warm. I mean, it was cold outside.

"Well, it takes most people to take time to spill info." I paused. "To a friend, not some stranger named Death." I mumbled. God, he was so warm. Oh, forget this. I'm tired, cold, and talking to the assassin. Not an assassin. There is a difference.

Before my brain had time to process what I was doing, I had put my head on his chest, and hugged him tightly.

"You're so warm," I mumbled, " why are you so warm when it's freezing?" Then I fell asleep.




© 2012 Hachamecha


Author's Note

Hachamecha
It's bad. Oh Godzilla.
I wrote this a year ago..

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The first chapter was very good. I like a good conversation. I like the way both were testing their ground. The questions were entertaining and the answers making the chapter a good one to read. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 25, 2012
Last Updated on January 25, 2012


Author

Hachamecha
Hachamecha

Ledyard, CT



About
I don't write much anymore. I will though. I'll find my muse. She just died along with my will. 39~ -Hachamecha more..

Writing
Idea s Idea s

A Story by Hachamecha


Moving Moving

A Poem by Hachamecha


Obsura Obsura

A Poem by Hachamecha