Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hachamecha

Thaed's POV

It isn't everyday you see someone falling out of the sky. You are just walking around, then you see a figure hurling towards you, upside down. I caught a glimpse at her purple eyes, and they clearly stated that she wasn't afraid of death.

A gun pointed at her head, and my appearance did not faze her even the slightest.Her comment on my snake bites... were out of the blue. She tells me nothing, and it's quite troublesome. But I have to admire the fact that she is fierce in her own way. In fact, she may be the next Gniyd.

I was quite surprised when she fell asleep, but I don't know what possessed her to sleep on me. I sighed, took my coat off, and bundled Siri in it. I walked over a nearby tree. I kept my hand there, under the rough textures of the tree bark. Then I changed my position to lean against the tree, and waited for the sun to rise.

I've been searching for the elemental for a year. The Head is already getting inpatient. He want the Elemental in his command as soon as possible. I have to find the Elemental. Or I die trying. The death penalty will be undoubtedly gruesome and will make Hell look like Disney Land. I've never been there, since they were all destroyed 5o years ago. Death is not an option at all. I fully intend to live.

....................... Back to Iris (Siri)

I woke up and stretched. It was pretty cold. Dad probably put the AC on full blast. Well, better get breakfast, cause mama's hungry-

"So the dead lives."

I whirled around, frozen halfway in a yawn. There he was, and he had an amused glint in his eyes.

I groaned, and pulled his coat over my head. Which didn't help, because the coat screamed with his scent. Thaed, I mean, Death chuckled. I had momentarily forgotten that we were on nickname bases.

I combed my hair out of my face and looked around. The clearing we were in was nothing special. Your typical forest. I decided to cover up my purple eye today, instead of my blue one. What can I say? I felt blue-y. Preparing myself for another day, I looked up and caught Death staring at my eyes.

I gave him a look that clearly said, 'Oh-please-stop-staring-at-my-eyes-you-creep.'

"No, they are not contacts or surgically altered."

He was still staring at my eyes. I felt like a rare animal in a zoo. Again. I sighed, and looked around to see that Death made no attempt to make a fire. It was still freezing outside at this hour. I wanted warmth from fire. A nice warm-

The tree next to me bursted into flames. Too groggy to question the whys and the hows, I scotched near the flames and sat there. Currently, my brain was only making sense of the following equation: fire tree=warm me. Well, it would be nice if the fire to get hotter-

The tree crackled with heat, warming me to a comfortable degree. Sensing Death's eyes burning 2 holes into my back, I looked at him and glared.

"What?" I demanded. There was something different about him. Like how he held his head and squared his shoulders. Like a great burden on his shoulders were finally taken off-

No. Finally remembering his mission, my eyes widened slightly. There was no way I was the Elemental. I mean, seriously.

In order to prove this point to myself and Death over there, looking like he would absolutely love to drag me over to his boss this instant, I tried a different tactic.

"Why did the tree burt into flames? Or is it an everyday thing for you?" I questioned.

"I was going t ask you if it was normal to torch a tree with your will where you came from." His eyes never left my face.

I shook my head. "Every kid wants super powers when they'er a kid. But due to my age, all I want to do is go to college and get a life."

He quickly mumbled something, then said, "things don't happen like that. I'm quite curious."

"Curiosity killed the cat. Well, here's your coat back." I turned around and started walking. " It's been nice knowing you, but I've got to go on a solo mission. I only managed 5 steps until a vice like grip met my shoulders. Death leaned in and spoke, "now, where do you think you are going, Siri? You owe me some answers." His warm breath tickled my cheek.

"I'm going where every I please to go. I do not owe you answers, for you never answered mine. Now, stop harassing me."

I got the hint that he ain't gonna let go, so I started jabbing his stomach and started aiming at his nuts, but he pinned me to the ground. Now, many would enjoy this situation, but I was not amused by Death. Boys will be boys. I could have kicked his butt if he wasn't an assassin, but oh well. Time to use Mother Nature against him.

I wantedhim to sink into the ground. I wantedhim to keep him encased. As soon as the ground reacted, I made a shaky bolt for escape. But I faced another problem. A real biggy. Apparently Death called for reinforcements. The 3 musketeers were back together again, to capture-that's right. Me.

"Holy my brother is dating my uncle's best friend's sister's daughter but she's really a man!" I muttered, dashing through the trees. I heard a chuckle not too far off to the right.

I would of kept running, but unfortunately, such was not the case. They started shooting rubber bullets at me. One caught my knees and I almost buckled and fell. That was followed by extra colorful words that would have given the pope a heart attack. But that was all my perusers needed to capture me.




© 2012 Hachamecha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the wild tale you have create. The storyline is different. Death with a gun and a good chase scene. I like the description of location and senses. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 25, 2012
Last Updated on January 25, 2012


Author

Hachamecha
Hachamecha

Ledyard, CT



About
I don't write much anymore. I will though. I'll find my muse. She just died along with my will. 39~ -Hachamecha more..

Writing
Idea s Idea s

A Story by Hachamecha


Moving Moving

A Poem by Hachamecha


Obsura Obsura

A Poem by Hachamecha