Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Hachamecha

Thaed’s POV

I finally found her. The Elemental. She fits the descriptions of the prophecy. She’s a fiery one, all right. I was surprised when the ground started to swallow me up, as if it had the mind of its own.

I find comfort in the fact that I had the mind to call Eid and Daed over. If I hadn’t, it would have been quite troublesome. As much as I hate to say, I was surprised by Siri’s knowledge. She knew our names. She acted like she knew us. That she can read our minds.

The Elemental is tricky. That has been proven, but she wasn’t exactly what you would call mature. When we cuffed her, she swore up a storm. Banged against the metal links. Those pricey cuffs were made specially to contain the Elemental’s power, and they were doing an excellent job.

Siri made quite a ruckus, asking questions. So when she slept, there was a peaceful, but eerie quiet inside the car. When you would just get used to the silence, she would wake up, swear some more, then went back to sleep. She did this over and over again.

Once, during this irritating cycle, I saw her crying in her sleep. Siri had too much pride to admit that she was scared. It was funny how when one sleeps, almost all of your armor is stripped down, till you were bear.

I turned away, and examined the scenery outside the car. Sad people out and about, desperate in the lands of the Head. I sighed, and then turned away once again. It’s so hard to see happiness, when you nearly spent your entire life drenching your hands in blood.

It appears to be that I fell asleep for a bit, for I was startled awake by laughter. I was confused for a little, then realized the laughter belonged to Siri. How can she laugh when she knows her life is in danger? When we’re treating her like this?

I guess even the most damned can find happiness.

Eid’s POV

“I was going to ask you if it was normal to torch a tree with your will, where you come from,” said Thaed.

At that moment, I knew. Thaed found the Elemental. I was already tracking him, and told Daed to do so, too.

When Thaed told us to quickly come to his aid, we were already two minutes away from his location.

Catching the Elemental was very easy. What can I say? We are the best of our kind. I wanted to put her to sleep, though. She kept rattling the cuffs and swore a lot. Thaed kept a watchful eye on her.

I think back to when that brat knew our names, and used it so carelessly. I accused Thaed breaking the rules. But of course, Thaed won’t tell her anything. Headpiece or no.

In about five hours, we will reach our destination. Daed and I take turns in driving.

Daed’s POV

I didn’t get the hint when Thaed made a comment about trees bursting into flames. Just thought his sense of humor was simply deader then dead, if that’s possible. It was thanks to Eid that I finally understood.

I certainly didn’t expect the Elemental to be a teenager. I mean, this is the Elemental we’re talking about here. Thaed stumbling across her was pure luck. But how I see it, Siri was just unlucky to nearly fall on top of him.

She was kind of odd, but humorous. She kept cursing in a funny way, and I couldn’t help but chuckle. Not all assassins have to be emotionless, like Mr. Serious over there.

I feel sorry for the Siri, that poor kid. Forced to serve the Head. She looks around 17-ish. But to be only 16.... Well, things happen.

Back to Iris (Siri)

I was alerted awake, when the bat mobile stopped. I didn’t know how I fell asleep. The last thing I remember is asking if we were there yet, every five minutes.

“Siri, we are finally here. So hold your tongue. My head will explode if you say that damn sentence again,” Eid snapped.

My eyelids started closing again, and going back to sleep mode.

...

I was sleeping when a pair of strong arms picked me up. Not that it registered. All I knew was that I was being bothered.

“Rapheal, stop it,” I murmured. I thought my brother, three years younger then me, was bothering my sleep.

My wrists felt a little heavy, but I could care less at the moment. “Rapheal, you stupid pest,” I muttered. I started ranting softly how stupid he was. Told him how our government worked, about how the British were posh, and how Andrew Jackson was a snob.

“... and that’s why Aroan Burr is a snob,” I muttered.

A hand cuffed me in the ear. I jolted, then realized it was not my brother who was harassing me, but Thaed.

The building we were headed for was large and black as night. As I shifted, I saw that the bat mobile was a blip in the horizon. Then my eyes found a very pissed Eid, who was clenching and unclenching her fists.

“I didn’t agree to this mission so I can listen to you babble about some kind of history,” Eid spat, right out disgusted.

If I had the choice, I would burn her to the ground. But I recall her having a bit of a thing for Thaed. Still, her behavior is inexcusable. It’s just down right childish. So I did what all mature people would have done.

Never having flipped anybody off in my life, I felt it was appropriate to break the record. I lifted both of my hands high in the sky, giving Eid a clear view of the birds I was giving her. I felt very grown up. (Okay. Not really. I’m kidding.) Then I fell back asleep.

...

I was awaken again to some girl. I was in a room painted black and red, tasteful rugs and furniture making the space more lively. A live fire brightened up the room, warming my bones. Mmmmm.... Fire... But when I tried to make the fire grow, my handcuffs flared, and a dark pit settled in my stomach.

“The Head wants to see you for dinner in an hour,” said the girl. She was a tiny little thing, but she was built up. ... And she had a funny accent. ...

“I have no intention of meeting that d********g,” I said coldly.

“I am to wash you. Master Death will be there to pin you down while I undress you.”

“So you’re going to strip me while molester number one hold me to the ground,” I say flatly.

“If you keep struggling, yes.”

“You think that won’t stop me from knocking your teeth out? I will wash myself, thank you very much.”

She shook her pale blonde hair. “I am to watch you so you don’t do any funny stuff.”

She pinned my legs down, and started pulling my jeans off my legs. Lucky me, my legs weren’t chained, so I threw her off. A second later, Thaed walked in.

He looked at me, and I glared back in defiance. Dared him to pin me down while that chick stripped me.

“I’m going to undress myself, and I’m going to wash myself. With privacy,” I say stiffly.

Thaed fished around his pockets, and produced a bracelet that seemed to be made out of the same metal as my cuffs. He un-cuffed me, but before that, he locked the bracelet on my wrist. It was pretty, the metal twisting, making patterns on my wrist. But I hated it’s meaning, which screamed with a message: even when I’m out of the cage, I will be denied freedom.

He gripped my shoulders tightly, and looked square into my eyes. I did the natural thing: glare back.

“No funny stuff,” he ordered.

“Aye, aye, Master Death,” I said sarcastically, saluting him. I had also said it in the same accent as Ms. Short Stripper here. I had an unappreciated knack with accents.

I walked away from the two, and stepped into the shower room.



© 2012 Hachamecha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good description and I like her attitude. You are making each scene have purpose and reason. I like her directness and no fear being in a bad situation. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 25, 2012
Last Updated on January 25, 2012


Author

Hachamecha
Hachamecha

Ledyard, CT



About
I don't write much anymore. I will though. I'll find my muse. She just died along with my will. 39~ -Hachamecha more..

Writing
Idea s Idea s

A Story by Hachamecha


Moving Moving

A Poem by Hachamecha


Obsura Obsura

A Poem by Hachamecha