Planned murder.

Planned murder.

A Story by Tarek

Jack Summerfield sauntered out of his bed, unable to sleep from the two cups of coffee he sipped in front of the TV before he placed his head at the pillow. After climbing down the stairs  with a slow, dreamy pace, he found himself standing outside of his two storey house.

 

He breathed in deeply, raising his wide, bare chest and hoped that his wife, Janet was with him. He hadn’t seen her for three weeks now. Although he struggled to convince her to remain at their house after delivering their first baby, Janet refused and went to her mother.

 

Feeling that he needed to run, Jack tossed his slippers and darted down the grass. It was wet and slippery against his feet, but he couldn’t stop running. He smiled with his check bones pressing against his eyes, opened his arms as if hugging the sky, and jogged forward. He never had this feeling of freedom in his long, forty five years. It was as if he wanted to fly.

 

An engine droned behind him. Jack stopped and turned, narrowing his eyes. A few meters, at the borders of his garden, a black jeep parked and a man stepped out of it. From a distance jack saw him as a tall slender, shadow with a knee-high, black coat ruffling behind him. He walked into the garden with his head drooped forward. His slow pace allowed jack to examine his pale face which glowed with sweat against the faint light of a lamppost , carefully.

 

 

 

“ Sorry for disturbing you sir,” he said stopping a few centimeters from Jack.

 

“ Do I know you?” Jack said, as he crossed his arms and raised his eyebrows.

 

“ I guess not sir, but someone sent me to…” while he placed a hand at his mouth and cleared his throat, he tugged out a red card with a silver skull drawn in the middle of it. Under the skull, someone signed his name with a black ink.

 

After a minute of turning the card and examining the handwriting, Jack turned the card back to the man with a grin in which he kept his lips pressed. “ Fine, I understand. He wants you to kill me. We already planned it, but he didn’t tell me that he’ll send a nice man like you in the middle of the night to do it for him.”

 

“ I’m sorry sir, but it’s orders. If you like me to it secretly inside of the house, I’d have no problem.” he looked behind him and cleared his throat once again, this time with a harsher grunting sound. “ and don’t worry about the body and the signs, everything will be clean.”

 

Jack nodded and he flopped to his knees. Slowly, he unbuttoned his white, stripped pajama shirt and laid it beside him on the grass. His back bones clasped inwards as the cold air blew across his body, hoisting with it the pajama’s shirt.

 

Jack drooped his head forward and closed his eyes. “ do it fast, please.”

 

After searching his memories, he finally found the one which would console him the best before his death. He was sitting with Janet on the sand, the water of the ocean wielding in front of them. After squeezing her husbands bony hand, she pressed it against her chest and smiled at Jack. “ I’m pregnant.”

 

Jack’s eyes widened and he gasped. It was his wish. Since he was five, he always wanted to be a daddy. Slowly, jack kneeled towards his wife and wrapped his arms around her neck. “ Thank you,” he kissed her on the neck and they fell on the sand, the heat of the sun forcing them to press their eyes closed as they laid on their backs.

 

“ ready?” the man asked as he held in his hand a red handled magnifying glass.

 

Jack nodded. A red thunder streaked forward out of the magnifying glass and smacked Jack at the top of his back. After shaking briefly, he dropped on the side of his head, with his blue eyes open and his mouth drawn into a soft smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2009 Tarek


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have a very.. funny, yet interesting way of writing a story. Seriously, a planned murder - this is really something. I've read or seen something about framed murder, but never a planned one. Still anyway, I don't know what else to say but INTERESTING.

...

By the way, it is 'cheek bone', not 'check bone'.. on the third paragraph. haha

Posted 14 Years Ago


That is saad! And i am also quite puzzled...what killed him?
By the way, I love your writing style!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


noooooooo

Posted 14 Years Ago


A nice short story.
Well-written, and the plot is very intriguing.
Good job.
Hey, i have a question.
Do you know how to send read requests?

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 7, 2009

Author

Tarek
Tarek

Cairo



About
I Love reading, writing and singing countertenor. I'm just 17 so i guess that i have alot of time to keep improving my writing, and that won't happen unless i benefit from everyone's advice round here.. more..

Writing
just a smile just a smile

A Story by Tarek



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..