The Great Exodus

The Great Exodus

A Chapter by (JR) Joshua Hernandez
"

So this is a re-imagining of the Exodus account, hope ya like it!

"

Grand Admiral Moshez- “We had a destiny, a dream, a promise. When our species was young, we communed with the Architect. The Father of the cosmos. The fruits of His hands; we learned, we played and we lived alongside Him. We had a perfect Utopia. However, my people grew corrupt, and we lost what was ours. Our world was lost to us. Pulled into a black hole, all we had known was now gone. The Architect abandoned us. My people then became wanderers. Traversing the stars in search of a new home. Yet, no matter where we went, the curse of our mistakes followed us. We lost hope, we scattered, and were set upon by strange and new races and nearly destroyed. My ancestor though, the first Builder, servant of the Architect, A’abrohem received a vision from our Father. He promised us a world where we would flourish, where my people could live in harmony and peace. We have been waiting for this promise to finally come about. However, we had been enslaved long ago by the Intergalactic Empire of EGYPT. I myself am I high ranking official within their government, yet I received a vision from the Architect and know now that I must lead my people away from EGYPT and towards that promise we were given long ago.”

Several days after receiving this vision, Moshez prepares for his meeting with the Great Pheh ‘Roh of EGYPT to discuss the release of his people.

The Thrall are Moshez people.

 

The sound of an engine dies down as a rusty door flashes open. A rugged yet handsome looking man steps out clad in a greenish gruella style military uniform. His face strained and visibly upset, he squints as the white starlight burn his eyes. His skin was a light shade of dark, and his hair was a pitch black. He locks the ship and stretches out in the fresh air when he is greeted by two strange looking Androids. His reflection shines of their white armor as his eyes meet their droning sockets. In a deep and low robotic tone they greet him.

Gatekeepers- “Grand Admiral Moshez, your citizenship has been revoked due to your recent rebellion, you no longer carry any rights in the sight of Empire. You have been stripped of your rank and your position in government. You no longer may look on the face of the Pheh ‘Roh nor initiate conversation without consent of the Pheh ‘Roh. You will be escorted directly to the Pheh ‘Roh in his chambers. Any attempts at harming him will result in your immediate death as well as the torture and execution of your relatives and family. Do you understand?”

Moshez- “Just take me to your damn leader already.” He snaps at them obviously uneasy in the position he has been forced into.

He tries to step past them when one of them grabs his arm, nearly breaking it with its superior strength. It pulls him in close and brings his face to its.

Gatekeeper- “Thrall Moshez, do you understand?”

Moshez- “Yes! Get your stupid metal fingers off my arm and back up!”

Gatekeeper- “Your aggression has been noted, you will be closely surveyed in the Temple. Do not keep this aggressive attitude before the Pheh ‘ROh or it will be seen as an attempt on his life. Move forward.”

The android throws him to the ground in front of them and pull out two large staffs with a strange electric glow on the tip. They threateningly jab his back with them and push him forward. They eventually come up to a door as large as a building and wait in front of it. A light blue light scans over the three of them and the doors glow a low greenish hue and slide open. Moshez is then pressed forward by one of the guards into the halls. After walking a distance, they come up to a large pool of water and in the center floats a pedestal. On it stands the Pheh ‘Roh. The water reflects his golden brown skin and shimmers away as the pedestal moves closer to Moshez. His face calm and confident, he stops about 10 feet in front of them and several feet above them.

The one android kneels and the other grabs Moshez’ neck and forces him into a kneeling position.

Pheh ‘Roh- “Thank you Gatekeepers. You may let Moshez stand.”

Their “eyes” flash the same greenish hue as the door early and they stand, pulling Moshez up with them. Moshez collects his balance and slightly knocks the androids hand from his arm with his elbow. He then looks to Pheh ‘Roh, floating above the water like some sort of god. A drip of sweat trials down Moshez face as the Pheh ‘Roh’s eyes lock onto his.

Pheh ‘Roh watches as the drop falls onto the white floor and chuckles.

Pheh ‘Roh- “Welcome great Moshez, it is quite an honor to have the next Builder in my presence. Tell me, how is the great Architect? Still promising the thrall their planet?”

Moshez- “Great Pheh ‘Roh, I have been sent to warn you to let the thrall be free, or else the Architect will… uh…”

Pheh ‘Roh- “Yes? What will the Architect do?” He says grinning.

Moshez- “Uh, well, he will destroy your empire…” he says hesitantly.

Phah ‘Roh- “Oh my! He will, will he? Well then, I guess I must tell my entire military force to release the millions of thrall working under them! I guess I must also tell my economy to halt as we allow the outflow of our workforce’s backbone to leave the worlds! I suppose I should also send you off with my blessing! Thousands of starships and the finest foods and wine for your journey!” He lets out before cackling like a hyena.

Phah ‘Roh- “Oh Moshez, listen, I appreciate your service in my empire and will offer YOU the option to freely go. But I am not about to free my thrall on the whims of an aging Admiral. Get out, I will discuss this no more with you!”

Moshez- “You hotheaded god wanabee! You have no idea what you’re dealing with! The architect is capable of things you couldn’t understand! Please, there doesn’t need to be anymore suffering, just let us go! Your people could easily fill the gaps in the work force! You don’t need us!”

Pheh ‘Roh- “You are right and wrong Moshez. First of all, you have no idea whom YOU are dealing with. I am not some back-worlder hack who believes anything told to him unlike you! And second of all, you’re right, I don’t need your pathetic little race. If I wanted to, I could kill every last one of your disgusting species without a second thought. But I won’t. They are mine! And I will not stand here and be spoken down to by the likes of you Thrall! Gatekeepers, remove this thing from my presence.”

Moshez- “Wait! Forgive me for that outburst! If I can at least prove to you that the Architect is indeed a force to be reckoned with, will you let my people go?”

The Pheh ‘Roh ponders for a moment angered at the outburst. But then shows a smile through

Pheh ‘Roh- “Heh, fine. If you can prove to me this Architect truly exists and is beyond my power, then I will let your people go.”

-Sequence of Miracles-

Pheh ‘Roh- “Quite wasting my time Moshez! These are cheap tricks and petty games! Get out of my presence now! Gatekeepers! Get rid of him now!

The Gatekeepers grab Moshez and drag him outside and throw him towards his ship. They grab their staffs and shock him.

Gatekeepers- “Leave. Now.”

He stumbles aboard his ship and jumps into the command chair before setting coordinates towards a nearby asteroid where his newfound tribe lie.

His ships engines flash a bright red before launching into orbit. Several defense cannons intentional fire missing plasma rounds towards his ship to scare him. Back in the temple, the Pheh ‘Roh collects his broken trinkets and angrily throws them at the Gatekeepers.

Pheh ‘Roh- “The Architect won’t take what is mine! No aging “god” is going to remove my empire from underneath me! I am the true ruler! I am the true god!” He jumps off his pedestal and land sin the water before storming off into his chambers.

Pheh ‘Roh- “I would sooner let my first born die then to let this architect take what is mine…” He whispers to himself before closing the doors.

On a nearby asteroid, Moshez starship the Abram lands down on the landing pad. A plastic enclosure covers the pad and air is pumped into it. Three people come out of the nearby base to greet the ship. A tall and broad man with a jolly demeanor, dark as the rocks around them named Yet Hiro. A frail, pale man with a look of disapproval named Rro’on and a beautiful yet adventurous looking woman whom was as golden and dark as a sweet chocolate named Seph Or. As the door bounced open, he slowly got out. He could not hide the fear and anger in his eyes to them and didn’t say word as he marched past them.

Seph Or- “Well, I’m guessing by the way your face in crunched up, negotiations didn’t go so well?”

Moshez- “I’m not in the mood Speh.”

Speh Or- “I don’t really care if you’re in the mood or not. We have bigger things to deal with then you pouting about. You were followed.”

Moshez- “What?! I thought he said I could go freely?!”

Speh Or- “Clearly, he was lying to you. We need to leave, now. They’ll find us soon and something tells me he won’t want to talk this time.”

Yet Hiro- “I have already begun evacuation protocols for the base. We are the last ones here.”

Rro’on- “I told you this was a bad idea Moshez! You shouldn’t have gone alone like that! I am a way better negotiator then you! If you ask me, we should forget about this stupid plan of yours. We need to regroup and free them ourselves! We can’t keeping hiding like this waiting for the Phah ‘Roh to change his mind!”

Moshez- “No! The Architect made it clear what we need to do. If we try to fight them we’ll be killed and the slavery will continue on. We need to stick the plan and believe that the Architect knows what He’s doing. He’s our last hope. Besides… He… He should me something I can’t ever forget. It was of our children, playing the fields of a green world. Dancing in the sunlight, not chocking in confined pins. Men and women grew old together and died in peace, not broken and alone… Alright, lets meet up with the others, and wait for the Architect to make His move. He will free our people, we just need to have faith.”



© 2015 (JR) Joshua Hernandez


Author's Note

(JR) Joshua Hernandez
Still a work in progress, again, anything you got for me, let me know!!!

See ya planet-side! ✌

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on February 19, 2015
Last Updated on February 19, 2015
Tags: Exodus


Author

(JR) Joshua Hernandez
(JR) Joshua Hernandez

San Dimas, CA



About
Hello! My name is Josh! My close friends and family call me JR (mainly because wherever I go, there's usually like 40 other Josh's). I am currently NOT in a relationship T-T... SO PM me if your intere.. more..

Writing