[Anti] Social Media

[Anti] Social Media

A Chapter by Haley
"

If you've ever rolled your eyes at that one person who overshares on Facebook...

"
You know why people turn to social media to share their feelings and problems?
The sad truth is, a lot of us lack the ability to listen as well as empathize. 
We're all so caught up in our own problems that there is an accompanying level of apathy toward other human beings. 
When people are upset or feeling pretty much any other negative emotion there is to feel, they get a sense of comfort in being able to vent by simply posting a status or sending a tweet. 
They're hopeful that one, maybe just one person can relate to them on some level. 
No, I'm not saying that it should be acceptable to treat Facebook and Twitter as your diary.
Let's be honest, I'm sure somebody could direct you to a great therapist. 
All I'm trying to say is that it's uncommon nowadays to find someone who wholeheartedly and genuinely cares about the things that you have to say or how you feel. 
Figure out who those individuals are in your life and cherish them.
Don't forget to always be that person for somebody.


© 2018 Haley


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Spot on. You get the impression that if people don't get fifty likes, they're heading up the nearest mountain and throwing themselves off. Social media can help, or throw you off the edge.
But really, humans are contact people. Never Lose that concept.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 6, 2018
Last Updated on April 6, 2018
Tags: communication, empathy, human, life, listening, thought, perspective, understanding


Author

Haley
Haley

Lawrence, KS



About
Nothing short of a paradox. more..

Writing
Say Anything Say Anything

A Poem by Haley


Guns, Guns, Guns Guns, Guns, Guns

A Chapter by Haley


Bleeding Hearts Bleeding Hearts

A Chapter by Haley