Chapter 2: The Prophecy

Chapter 2: The Prophecy

A Chapter by HammerStar
"

After the battle of the beach the General of Acadia lays dead and his son without a mother, or a father, but a normal funeral quickly escalates when Mike uncovers the chieftains secret.

"
“We are gathered here today to say farewell to Mark and Mary Aderson, what they have done for our village will never be forgotten, Mark led our military to its peak and now he has been taken away....” the priest dots his eyes round the crowd “Mike ! As a close friend of the Aderson family would you kindly retrieve the ceremonial torch so we may put their bodies to rest...” the priest patiently stares at Mike, he sits with dark spots under his eyes and a saddened look across his face, he nods in response and stands up, he pats Jeremy on the shoulder before walking to the village capitol to retrieve the torch.
Mike opens the door to the town hall, he walks down the isle to the three leaders thrones, he moves to the chieftains throne, he searches the sides of the throne and finds a compartment at the base of the throne, he slides it open pulling out a small chest, he kneels down and prys it open, the chest is full of old rotted papers to be used to light the torch, he begins shifting through the papers trying to grab the torch at the bottom under it all, as he shifts through a single piece of paper catches his eye, he picks it up and some of it crumbles off due to age, he begins reading some of it under his breath “prophecy...” his eyes widen and his jaw begins to hang, he grips the paper and grabs the torch rushing out of the door.
TIMELINE
THE PROPHECY CHAPTER
CHAPTER 2: THE PROPHECY
Mike runs back to the hill where the ceremony was being held, the priest looks to Mike “ah I see you’ve returned” Mike shoves the torch into his hand and sprints to Jeremy, everyone stares at him puzzled, he grabs Jeremy by his shirt pulling him up “Jeremy we need to talk !”
Jeremy stares confused as Mike grabs him dragging him away from his parents ceremony, people stare confused and worried.
Mike opens the door to his house rushing Jeremy inside, and closing it behind them, Jeremy stares “Mike what’s going on !” His voice shaky and sad, tears still stain his eyes, Mike turns the paper showing Jeremy “look !” The letters are smudged and some of it hard to read as the ink has decayed with time, it reads “This note is written by the ancient chieftains of your tribes, we entrust copies of this note to the chieftains of the tribes and it is to be passed down to warn you of the ancient danger that sits within that temple, the Stone, if touched the user will be granted infinite power, this artifact has claimed the lives of many and stopping the evil forces that held it was not easy, please, we entru-“ the note smudged and the rest indecipherable, further down the page the words begin to take form once more but it tears before anything of value can be read, but a single word stands before the tear “Shard”.
Mike turns the page around “Jeremy ! Can you believe this !? We finally have a way, we can use this ‘Stone’ to put an end to the captains rein of terror, we can bring your dad back !” There’s a long pause, Jeremy stares down at his feet further saddened, he looks up with anger and tears fall from his eyes, he grabs the not from Mikes hands ripping it in two and crumpling it up throwing it on the floor “Mike ! They’re dead ! Today was their ceremony and I’m supposed to be there ! not here listening to you babble in about some work of fiction you found lying around the village !” He walks to the door and opens it leaning against the frame “Mike... someone’s gonna have to take his place as General... and they’re gonna pick his only son... ME ! I’ve had no choice but to come to terms with what happened Mike.... you should to...” he walks out of the door, Mike stands in the middle of the room, he picks up the pieces of the note and leans against the wall sliding down into a sitting position, he grips them in his hand and screams as he cries.

CREDITS
Concepts By: Jason Hensley and Caleb Reynolds

Written By: Jason Hensley (me)


AFTER CREDITS
Mike sits on the beach just a little ways outside the village, his head cradled in his hands the pieces of the note lie next to him half buried in the sand, he sits silently, he slides his hands down off of his face and down onto his knees, he looks up at the stars “You’re with the gods now Mark...” he hears a large wave as activity in the ocean picks up, a shadow shrouds Mike, he looks down from the stars seeing the largest pirate ship he’s ever seen, taller than any building in Acadia, his jaw drops in horror as the massive vessel sails towards his home, he grabs the pieces of the note and sprints towards his village.


© 2020 HammerStar


Author's Note

HammerStar
A bit of a shorter Chapter but I hope you still find it entertaining.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

14 Views
Added on February 26, 2020
Last Updated on February 26, 2020
Tags: Funeral, drama, medieval, pirates, tribes


Author

HammerStar
HammerStar

About
I like writing and reading stories that develop a dynamic universe that is rich of content. more..

Writing