The sunshine Villa

The sunshine Villa

A Chapter by Boldpen
"

Albert, Our trickster, is assigned to scare people by modifying a villa. Here is where our story starts.

"

People often say, ‘there is no such thing as ghost.’ Albert also belonged to the same category of “practical thinkers”. When he got the job of “Prankster” in T.V. show “Boo!” he started to believe that it was his “dream job”.

There were nice people to work with, descent income and fun of driving smart people crazy with fear.

His creativity with spooky Jokes was “scarily” enjoyable. He had visited a handful of so- called haunted places of this world and his failure to say “hello” to any real ghost, so far, had been successful to root “Ghosts are joke” belief deeper in his mind.

So, he stood in front of a mansion, enjoying dawn wind pass through his spiky hair and blue windbreaker.

A deep yellow envelope was in his hand with “Sunshine villa case” scribbled on it, containing the information about the past owners of the location of his “crime” and events that occurred there. Something, he never cared to look at. So, purely unopened, it went in his backpack.

As Albert reached the large, decorated gates of villa, which were modestly painted in black, he was greeted by the watchman.

Watchman, looking as old as the manor itself, stared at Albert with weak but rooted, chestnut brown eyes.

‘I believe you are that daring young man, who wants to spend a night at this eerie site.’ He spoke in a low, vigorously trembling due to age but understandable, voice and reached the lock at gates with his bony hands.

‘I guess… I am’ Albert replied energetically and smiled at the bony figure. How much he wished the watchman to be a little pale in complexion! Then he could have easily used him instead of a zombie dummy.

Unsatisfied with his luck, he entered the premises of his workplace. “Sunshine Villa” his black eyes followed the name which was written with decorative calligraphy in red, high at the villa wall, and twinkled with mischief.

‘A lot can be done here!’ he announced to himself and raised his arm to signal his companions. At the wave of his hand, a white truck vroomed through the gates, followed by a dozen of people who had come to help him with his creation.

‘I really don’t care what you do here. Your head has been very generous to me.’ The watchman told Albert in a low voice then, suddenly, his tongue becoming as firm as it could, he added ‘ but, I have to ask you to leave the second floor untouched, for your own safety.’ He walked out of his sight.

‘Cool! A warning! I’m all pumped up!’ he giggled. These kinds of things were a boon for his work. 



© 2011 Boldpen


Author's Note

Boldpen
To Be continued...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Such a talent for writing! I like Albert, he's a good character to write. Nice.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh wow! I think Albert and I are going to get along quite well. He sounds a bit like me in the sense that I like pulling pranks from time to time. Though I have to wonder...is this going to get out of hand?

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 17, 2011
Last Updated on November 18, 2011
Tags: Fear, Ghost


Author

Boldpen
Boldpen

Ajmer, Rajasthan, India



About
Hello, I'm just a modest girl with common interests. Just a normal 15 years old teenager.Writing is a way in which I can speak up for my opinion in this world. That's why It's my life. I love t.. more..

Writing
The Fall The Fall

A Poem by Boldpen


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Boldpen