Pain.... But no gain

Pain.... But no gain

A Chapter by Boldpen
"

Let's see how are trickster spends his day at the villa.

"

Thus, his work began. Cameras were put up and traps were laid. Albert had requested others to leave the white cloths covered on furniture and paintings as they were. A great atmosphere builder, he believed them to be.

After finishing the task of the down and first floor, team proceeded to the third one. Gazing at the interior, Albert laughed at the rumors. And work went on.

Checking the accuracy of his plans, Albert noted a door. There were others too but this one was particular. He rolled his sight all over it. Painted in green and decorated by embroidered flowers, this one was a beauty. Out of complete curiosity, he clutched the handles and pulled the door…

  Nothing happened. He pushed the door, but in vain.

‘It’s jammed, sir.’ One of the workers informed him from behind.

‘Then be it’ Albert replied ‘let’s see what else we can do…’

Twilight fell upon the environment, making way for night. Albert’s companions departed. Now it was up to him, to make his subject or “target” as scared as possible. He had never been unsuccessful at it.  He was too good, just too amazing to fail.

Night came, clock stroke 8. The moon gradually slid upwards in the sky, showering the scene with its light. Cold breeze howled, piercing the silence, as it passed touching Albert, the lone person standing in front of the large doorway.

But he didn’t fear any screams, howls or cries of nature. He was too excited to notice any. All days hard work and slogging was now going to pay off. He eagerly wanted to see what will happen to the participant when he’ll enter the arena. Shivering in joy, he waited to greet his “prey”.

Suddenly, his phone rang. Reluctantly, he picked it up. He disliked meeting participant while on phone; it was a terrible mood destroyer.

It was his head. ‘Albert!’ he spoke on the moment call was received ‘Today’s meeting is canceled.’

Albert stood stiff. ‘What?’

‘Yeah, your person got malaria. The only things he is scared of are mosquitoes. He won’t be making it. You should return’ head mumbled in his deep, coarse voice and ended the conversation.

‘But…’ before Albert could speak a word, the call was ended. He always hated the idea of cancelling his plans at the eleventh hour. Working whole day on an art and then finding that no one will be seeing it!

He sulked and gazed at the empty road outside the villa. No vehicles there, not even a living creature.

‘Guess, I’ll have to spend night here.’ He mourned and gave a sigh of disgust.

 Out of the blue, he noticed an outline walking towards him. A structure of about half of his height appeared. When it was close enough, Albert saw what it was. 



© 2011 Boldpen


Author's Note

Boldpen
To Be continued...
Be curious what it was.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Uh oh, who is that? Are they going to kill him? Do they mean harm? D:

WHO IS THAT?!?!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
1 Review
Added on November 17, 2011
Last Updated on November 18, 2011
Tags: Fear, Ghost


Author

Boldpen
Boldpen

Ajmer, Rajasthan, India



About
Hello, I'm just a modest girl with common interests. Just a normal 15 years old teenager.Writing is a way in which I can speak up for my opinion in this world. That's why It's my life. I love t.. more..

Writing
The Fall The Fall

A Poem by Boldpen


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Boldpen