An Unexpected Target

An Unexpected Target

A Chapter by Boldpen
"

So, What was it?

"

 

A girl. A kid visibly in her teens, aged 14 to 15, stood near him. In bright light of full moon, every single of her features was visible with great detail. Her raven black, shoulder- length hairs glittered under moon’s cover. With her large, hazel eyes, she looked innocently at Albert and clutched lightly on his windbreaker.

‘Mister,’ she spoke in a sweet and tiny voice ‘will you help me? I’m lost.’

Albert kneeled to the child ‘Where do you live?’

‘I don’t know… I only know the way… It’s hard to find at night’ She replied shyly ‘can you let me stay at this place for tonight… I’ll leave by morning.’

Albert gave the child a pitiful look. It was dangerous indeed for her to roam about in that forest area at night. He knew, providing her shelter was not a big problem, but what if she should activate any trap? She might…

Suddenly, an idea lit in Albert’s mind. He should have a right to scare anybody after getting nothing for his hardships today. ‘Why can’t I scare this girl? She isn’t a kid.’ His mind hopped with delight. ‘And boss will get a pretty good episode for his show. By my work, the show might be able to get the best reality program award!’

‘Of course, you can!’ Albert declared overwhelmed by his fate.

‘Oh! Thank You, sir. I have no idea what I should have done if you would have disagreed.’ Girl thanked him with a smile on her thin, pretty lips.

Albert secretly clicked the button of the remote in his hand, to activate the cameras. He was a little worried though. She was the youngest one among all he had “hunted”. Also, unlike others, she had no idea what she was getting into. It was like deceiving a baby. He knew he was not going to forgive himself for a long time after that. But “our aim is to scare people of all ages” was the motto he was taught on the first day of his job, two years ago.

Albert gazed at the girl with a friendly smirk as they entered the mansion. He was sure; she won’t forget her stay here.

Both of them witnessed the damp and grim interior. Albert, in his own mind, accepted that it looked pretty creepy at night.

The moon lit covers glittered like snow in pitch dark surroundings. The red curtains on the windows, looked as if dipped in fresh blood. The quietness of the place added to its scare factor. It was so quiet that one could hear even one’s own heart beat. Like ba-thumb, ba- thumb, ba-thumb…

BANG! The doors shut themselves behind them with a noise equivalent to gunshot.

‘The door trick’ Albert giggled in his heart, then turned to his mate to see her surprised reaction.

But to his great surprise she stood there, without much emotion of shock, forget about fright, and delivered a faint smile.

‘Wind is quiet ferocious today, isn’t it?’ she commented in a calm manner and proceeded towards the complete darkness of the mansion.

Albert stared at the gal for a minute, remembering how that same door act had made a lady jump about a foot high. 

‘So, she’s a dense type,’ he concluded ‘This is going to be fun.’ 



© 2011 Boldpen


Author's Note

Boldpen
To Be continued...
Will Albert be successful?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh Albert!! How mean!! Don't be mean to the girl!!

Which reminds me...forgive me if this was said but I missed it, but since Albert is reffering to the teen as a child, then how old is he?

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
1 Review
Added on November 17, 2011
Last Updated on November 18, 2011
Tags: Fear, Ghost


Author

Boldpen
Boldpen

Ajmer, Rajasthan, India



About
Hello, I'm just a modest girl with common interests. Just a normal 15 years old teenager.Writing is a way in which I can speak up for my opinion in this world. That's why It's my life. I love t.. more..

Writing
The Fall The Fall

A Poem by Boldpen


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Boldpen