Vagabond Heart

Vagabond Heart

A Poem by Anahat
"

This is an interpretation of a song I really love! It's called Dil Mere by The Local Train. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLCLvzTGFVM

"

How many songs do we hear these days that deal with unconventional matters of the heart? Dil Mere is one such melody, more so a poem with layers of profound connotations waiting to be unveiled. It is a stark conversation with the heart, revealing nuances of freedom that the humans yearn for in this phoney society. A confab between the mortal soul and a heart that none can cage, this song is an expression of celebrating the wanderlust in you. 


Dil mere tu hai ik banjara

Mane na tu kyu firta awara


How rightly does it specify the heart as a vagabond with no defined home to reside in. Aren’t we all like that? Pacifying our hearts, when it tries to break free of the manacles, while we actually want to embrace freedom? This song will transport you into the heart of a traveller unwilling to accept its fate as a puppet of destiny. 


This song manifests how we are coerced to pay heed to rationality when our heart knows that’s not what matters. It’s looking for freedom, oblivious of the fiction that this world is. It experiences agony and yet emerges strong embracing the strength of a warrior. This song is a spectacle of our inner turmoil exhibiting how onerous it is to listen to our inner voice and face the truth. And owing to that fact, we turn our face towards it and live indifferently.


Naakabil nadaan dhoonde unke darmyaan 

Soone din raste un bazaaron mein

Dil ke firta awaara

Jhootha dil jhootha hai yeh jag sara 


I love the part where it says, you are naive, dear heart and you don’t desire empty roads or seek silence to find peace, you are delighted even in the crowded markets holding on to your free spirit. The moments I have spent listening to your whispers are deemed to be vile in this feigned world. But ironically, everyone here is entangled and pretentious and the only hope is faraway from us like the glimmer of a shooting star in the sky. 


Listening to this song while the world sleeps in the quietness of the night will strike a chord in your heart. This soulful tale will help you savour solitude and yet let your heart speak to you in ways that are unfathomable.

© 2022 Anahat


Author's Note

Anahat
Back here after 5 long years! Please shower the same love and reviews.
Very glad to start posting here again.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

beautifully and thoughtfully penned. Odd how we come back to the cafe. Maybe for a moment. Maybe to linger. And maybe we start again. I think this is my fifth or sixth - "reboot"

Posted 11 Months Ago


Woah this really makes me want to go and listen to this song which i shall. Love how you've phrased everything. Good stuff!

Posted 1 Year Ago


Love can't be defines dear Anahat. When someone excite our mind, our heart. It is ambrosia of the soul. I loved the complete poem. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anahat

2 Years Ago

Well said, Coyote. Thank you for taking the time out to read and review. :)
Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Was my pleasure and you are welcome Anahat.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 17, 2022
Last Updated on April 18, 2022
Tags: song, poetry, heart, vagabond, wanderlust

Author

Anahat
Anahat

Amritsar, Humanity, India



About
I am Anahat, that's the pen name for Harmeet. I believe poetry is but altruism muffled up in eternity. I joined this platform long back but haven't been active. Now I'm back and hope to connect .. more..

Writing
Peace Peace

A Poem by Anahat


Bitterweet Bitterweet

A Poem by Anahat



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..