faceless foreigner

faceless foreigner

A Story by Harriet.Lising
"

reminiscing my days in Korea...

"
She went with no compass. Lost. Confused. Faceless. Nobody around her knew her name nor who she was. All she had was her honest heart clenched by her fist. Seemingly scared; however, brave enough to smile to wrinkly elders with silver hairs. She soon realized, nobody would remember her in this place as soon as she leaves. Just maybe. So, she did things she would not back in her land. She stood up and sang infront of the crowd. She knew she failed but she loved it; every bit of her untuned noise and defected microphone. Oh the adrenaline rush that flushed her cheeks! Yet, she was genuinely happy. It was something new, but something she craved for over and over. She walked with clothing of her choice. She conversed with bystander people of different lifestyles on the sleepless, busy streets. Some smoked cigarettes, some danced upbeat and sang trot, some sold coffee, some drove; she thought they were all pretty. She gave a gift to a stranger who inspired her to voice out. She ate heartily without a pause of feeling embarrassed of her looks. She would speak random words when she wanted because nobody understood. She became herself... the real her. Spirited. Happy. Passionate. Reckless. The person she always wanted to be was surprisingly found in a place of uncertainty and... facelessness.

© 2019 Harriet.Lising


Author's Note

Harriet.Lising
Random thoughts passing through. 🤗

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on July 7, 2019
Last Updated on July 7, 2019
Tags: travel, adventure, memories

Author

Harriet.Lising
Harriet.Lising

Philippines



About
I'm a rookie at writing, but I'm very passionate about it and I make sure to share a piece of myself in every work I make. It can be about the most random things! just like me 😁. I am open for.. more..

Writing