Ms. Witham

Ms. Witham

A Story by Hayden
"

Can you find the theme? I'm warning you this one's a dark one, but enjoy it nevertheless

"
There he was. After two months of a medically induced coma, she could finally see him. He was still in a coma. Ruth watched her husband breathe up and down. Up and down. She held his hand and let out a shaky breath, remembering the night that caused this. 
Chicago streets were always dangerous, but because he'd been living there his whole life he knew how to drive them. Ruth and her husband were on their way to a play that night because Travis, their son, was staying at a friends house. It's sad to say, but they never got to see it. Ruth's husband was singing to her sweetly, with passion and love, yet he sounded like a dying seal. She laughed at his attempt, "Fine, let's see you do it then." He smiled as she sang for him. She sounded like an angel and nothing could top her voice for him. She was his favorite kind of music. When she finished the song, she boasted, 'See? It ain't that hard. I beat you."
He laughed, "That you did darling. That you did."
She almost forgot, "by the way I invited Beth and Jack for dinner tomorrow."
He rolled his eyes, "The neighbors again?"
She hit his arm playfully, "Yes! They have been nothin' but kind to us."
He chuckled again, "Okay, okay."
Before she could respond, her body jerked to the left, but her seat belt caught her. A car had T-boned them on an intersection, but since it hit her husband's side he got hit harder. His head smacked the window, broke it, and he passed out. Ruth's head was unprotected and a shard of glass flew straight towards her she dodged, but hit her own head hard on her window. She even heard it shatter from the impact. Then, finally, the car shook no more. She finally closed her eyes to sleep.
The next time she opened them was two months later. The doctor came in when she woke up, "You're awake. Just so you know, your husband is still in a coma, but you're okay. That's good eh?"
Ruth was sickened. She could care less about herself, she just wanted her husband to be okay. In a croaky voice, she said, "Will he be okay?"
"I don't know. He's been unresponsive and we're quite sure that the plug will have to be pulled soon, but it's up to you. Personally I would."
She was angered, "Well it's a good thing it's not up to you!"
He quietly nodded, "Well, a nurse will come help you with the discharge papers and stuff."
She huffed and a nurse came in. She just grunted, telling Ruth where to sign and she handed Ruth her stuff. After getting changed, she went to see her husband before she left. He had a tube shoved in his throat and a neck brace on. They put a cap on his head and covered his eyes. "Wake up Baby, Wake up." She weeped by his side. It's been two months since she held his hand. Two months since she saw him. The door opened, "Ms. Witham?"
It was that damn doctor, "Ms? It's mrs." She spat out to him.
"Ma'am we have to pull it. He's brain dead, so I'm gonna have to ask you to leave."
She got up and spun around to him, "You will do no such thing! Don't touch him!" 
He signaled to the nurses, "Please get her out and Bella? Time of death is 8:49 AM on Saturday Nov 18th."
Ruth tried to get out of the nurses grasps, "I love you baby! Wake up! Wake up!" 
The doctor helped push her out and she stopped fighting, she was done. He was done. She shook off the nurses and slowly went down to the front where Jack and Beth were waiting.
They had Travis and had been watching him for the 2 months his parents were away. She was sobbing when she walked out. That's when they knew, so they ran and hugged her, "We're so sorry Honey." Beth comforted.
Jack said, "We're here. We got you. You tell us what you need and we'll get it."
She said, "I want him back."
They continued to hug her and hold her close. Travis was crying too, "Daddy." He whined over and over and over.
He wanted his Daddy.

© 2017 Hayden


Author's Note

Hayden
Did you get it? if you didn't then go and check out my courses! This is one of the examples form a lesson, sooo yeah. It's sad though

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on November 15, 2017
Last Updated on November 15, 2017

Author

Hayden
Hayden

Green Bay, WI



About
Hey there, I'm Hayden! Thanks for checking me out ;p haha I'm just messin' around! When it comes to writing, I love giving some serious meaning to it, you have to really think in order to find it. I'm.. more..

Writing
Negative Nancy Negative Nancy

A Story by Hayden


Ander's Demons Ander's Demons

A Story by Hayden





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5