Fruit of Temptation

Fruit of Temptation

A Poem by Hayley
"

Dedicated to my sister.

"

Why have the sweet bearings of thy voice

Ceased to allay the leaf of poisonous choice?

From thine own seed the sprout once grew

To each temptation fruit a slash anew. 

Woeful child who nightly dashes to escape

Satisfies gnawing hunger with not apple, but grape.

O ‘tis shriveled skins with a thin sheer veil

That grips the violet life of this girl so frail.

Her fingers water and flow to the succulent buds 

While her eyes sun and glow with tears of blood.

'Tis the rush of concord with the flowing of her wine

That moves this pen in the life that so resembles mine.

© 2011 Hayley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Just awesome! It seems people always have to work things out for themselves. In my experience, it’s the only way most people ever learn anything. I watched my brother take the road of excess and it almost destroyed him. All the wisdom in the world couldn't change his mind. Sometimes people just need to wake up to things themselves, unfortunately, most never see the character flaws that are destroying them. Like everything you write, this poem was beautiful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Tis the rush of concord with the flowing of her wine
That moves this pen in the life that so resembles mine.... Hahah :) these lines're awesome and well suited as a great ending. This write's not as usual, it's an unique one. I must say, you gotta write more on it. Your words're typically beautiful... and touched readers heart i believed.

Keep writing. You're doing and going very well. Soon, you'll be at top. Keep posting!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very nicely written indeed:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Powerfully spoken... you spead out layer on layer of depth... the enchanted nature of temptations fruits... the magic and metaphors of life and love and longing... Rich and wondrous flow!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very potent.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A fantastic rennaissance image, portrayed by virtue in the flow of your word choices.

Refreshing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is of high standard and of the complexity of word and verse that I would aspire to produce. Perfect.

Posted 12 Years Ago


What a beautiful flow you have here. This is really top-notch.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I have always loved the way you expression yourself through your words. This was a beautiful poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great write Hayley,
I love every word of it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ah, the work of a great poet. Absolutely amazing, such brilliant and creative choice of words and immense rhyming. Well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1384 Views
36 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 14, 2011
Last Updated on May 14, 2011

Author

Hayley
Hayley

OH



About
I'm a 21-year-old undergraduate college student majoring in business. I'm not on the cafe as much as I would like to be. Don't be a stranger. Side note: I do not rate writing. This is eye-op.. more..

Writing
Torrent Torrent

A Poem by Hayley


Stargazers Stargazers

A Poem by Hayley



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..