DREAMING OF BLACK PANTHERS

DREAMING OF BLACK PANTHERS

A Story by Akira

Recentley I've been having the same dream over and over. I'm lying on the bed and I look through my open window and see a striking Black Panther. It looks intriguing but dangerous. I can't tell in the dream if it's night or day. The next thing I know it's crossing the yard gracefully and has it's head through the window. I'm screaming and trying to push it out of the window but it's too strong. It pushes me out of the way and climbs on to my bed and at first the Panther seems harmless, in fact it lays on it's back and rolls around acting cute and inviting. I accept it and lay down to sleep but the next thing I know it wraps it's paws around me and it starts to crush me.

As a kid I used to think of the panther as a very striking animal, one of my favorites because of it's sleek, graceful build, the way it walks and it's bold eyes but I hadn't thought of one for years. I'm wondering where my dream has originated from and why I keep having it. Usually I have a dream once and that's all.

Being the spiritual minded believer that I am, I decided to look upon some spiritual thoughts on dreams about Panthers. This is some of what I found.

1. Black Panther's Power Includes astral travel, guardian energy, symbol of the feminine, death and rebirth, understanding of death, reclaiming ones power, ability to know the dark, aggressiveness and power without solar influence, reclaiming Power.

2. The Panther is a very ancient and powerful spirit guide. Their power is lunar (moon). In Egyptian rites a panther tail was worn around the neck or waist to help protect and strengthen the individual. Panther has been a symbol of the "Argos of a Thousand Eyes," who protected the heifer IO whom Zeus loved. After his death, the eyes were moved to the feathers of the peacock.

3. Panthers are generally loners, extremely comfortable with themselves and are often drawn to other solitary people. Women with Panther, Leopard or Jaguar power animals frequently find themselves raising their children alone, whether it be through divorce or circumstance. People with this power animal can develop clairaudience, the ability to hear communications from other forms of life or dimensions. They must trust their thoughts and inner voice/visions as they are based in reality. This is an animal guide to assist you on your path, sometimes in the form of a real person such a mentor or teacher. The Black Panther is endowed with great magic and power, which will increasingly be experienced.

4. Touch can be a significant path to explore to awaken ones concealed gifts. The black panthers sleek, smooth and sensual coat has been linked to sexuality. If panther comes into your life it may be asking you to resolve old sexual issues, or to embrace your sexuality fully.

5. Panther is a powerful guide to have, always bringing a guardian energy to those to whom it comes.

6. Black Panther's power works best in darkness. Black Panther understands death and teaches people not to fear it, for out of death comes rebirth. When Panther enters your life, it is time a new beginning; a new door has opened for you.

7. Panther introduces you to an expanded awareness, alternate realities, the elimination of fears, and most of all, total rebirth. Panther gives us the opportunity to become a whole new person and she promises to be our protector and guardian throughout this rebirth process.

8. To see a panther in your dream, signifies lurking danger and enemies working to do you harm. It represents darkness, death, and rebirth. On a more positive note, panthers signify power, beauty and/or grace

9. The panther animal totem is a very powerful and protective presence. If you have this creature as your totem, you are blessed to have such a fierce and aggressive guardian with you.

10. Of all the panthers, the black panther has the greatest mysticism associated with it. It is a symbol of the mother, the dark moon and the power of the night. The black panther encourages us to understand the shadow powers available to us all, to acknowledge these powers and to eliminate our fears of the darkness.

11. When the black panther totem appears in your life, it is also a symbol of releasing your passions, and starting a new phase of your life. A phase in which you are discovering your desires, and living your dreams.

12. When the panther animal totem comes to us (whether it be in the form of images or real sightings) we must begin paying attention to the strength of our inner being - our internal fortitude, and the condition of our spiritual strength & valor. Panthers also beckon us to consider our darker side - analyze this side of ourselves and determine its motivation.

What do you think? Do dreams mean anything to you? Is there any spiritually minded folk who stumble across my story who can decipher thoughts or emotions?

© 2013 Akira


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
Added on March 15, 2013
Last Updated on March 15, 2013
Tags: dream, dreams, panther, panthers, dreaming, spirits, spiritual, spirit, life, totem, animal, animals

Author

Akira
Akira

Adelaide, SA, Australia



About
Hi, I'm Akira and I'm 26 years old and I'm from Australia. Writing is a creative expression for me but it's not one that I'm very open about as it doesn't come naturally. I don't write often, but w.. more..

Writing
Dusty Mirrors Dusty Mirrors

A Story by Akira


Pink Skies Pink Skies

A Poem by Akira