Battered & Abused

Battered & Abused

A Story by Roslyn

The past is something that nobody enjoys thinking of. 
Nobody enjoys thinking about the mistakes that they made in the past, the horrible incidents that they experienced, and the painful emotions they felt. 
However, the past is something that you cannot get away from. 
The past will not leave you alone until you somehow learn to accept it. 
The past won't leave you alone until you accept the fact that you made mistakes in the past, you experienced horrible incidents, and the emotions you felt were anything but painless. 
If you cannot accept the past then it will haunt you.
The past will continue reminding you of what happened years ago. 
Constantly remembering the devastating incidents you experienced in the past, remembering the mistakes you made, and the painful emotions you felt is not good. 
Its not something fun. 
Trust me. 
As a child I experienced multiple horrific things.
For the first six years of my life I lived with my biological Mum and Dad in a wooden cabin in a small village. 
In my early years, my parents were both struggling to earn money. 
My Father had trouble finding a job, while my Mother worked as a full time tailor. 
Since my Dad had no job he was the one that was supposed to care for me. 
However, he didn't. 
He never did. 
He never cared about me or loved me at all. 
He was a drug user and an alcoholic. 
He was constantly physically abusing me, emotionally abusing me, and neglecting all of my needs. 
When I was an infant he would leave me laying on the cold, hard, and dirty floor in my room. 
I would be cold, starving, and frightened. 
Sometimes I would even cry and scream, but he never cared. 
 I was constantly being neglected by my Mum. 
I never got to have a relationship with her because she was hardly ever there for me. 
Time began flying by. 
The more time that flied by, the worse everything became. 
My Dad became more abusive towards me...
I began attending school.
I was constantly bullied by the other children at the school. 
The teachers at the school didn't want anything to do with me. 
I was beaten bloody multiple times by the other children at the school and sometimes even by the teachers. 
At the age of six, my mum and dad both mysteriously disappeared. 
The cops searched everywhere for my parents, but my parents were never found. 
I was then put into an orphanage. 
At the age of eight, I was adopted into the Hartzler family. 
The Hartzler family was wealthy and they lived in a high class city called Ocean Field. 
My adoptive parents had one child of their own named Dominic. 
Dominic and I were close in age. 
There was only a four year age difference.
You're probably thinking that after I was adopted by the Hartzler family life was so much better for me, but they made my life a living Hell. 
After I was adopted into the Hartzler family they  began to notice a ton of things about me. 
I wasn't just puny I was underweight due to being starved so often when I was younger and even starved in the orphanage. 
I was always dead silent. 
I was afraid to make noises because when I was in the orphanage if I made any noise I would be punished.  
Something they noticed right away was that I was always sad. 
I never had a smile on my face. 
They tried to help me by having me see a therapist three times per week, but that never helped. 
They even had me see a doctor so that I would gain some weight, but that never helped either. 
After nearly two months they gave up on me. 
They thought I was hopeless. 
They even thought that I was pretending to have mental disorders for attention. 
That was when all of the emotional abuse began. 
My adoptive parents emotionally abused me each day.
My brother Dominic was physically and emotionally abusive towards me. 
School was always a disaster. 
I was bullied by all of my classmates. 
I was even beaten bloody. 
Nearly nine years later I still think of all of the horrible memories I had to endure. 
I still think about the past. 
I am haunted by the past. 

© 2014 Roslyn


Author's Note

Roslyn
Ignore grammar problems. Please tell me what you think of the first chapter. (:
Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on July 1, 2014
Last Updated on July 1, 2014
Tags: Abused, Hated, Sadness

Author

Roslyn
Roslyn

Canada



About
Please check out my story Battered & Abused! more..