Fear Related to Public Speaking

Fear Related to Public Speaking

A Story by Helga Marsels
"

My fear related to public speaking is determined by my emotional state that occurs every time I face this public overwhelming situation. I have low self-esteem.

"

Most individuals feel unnatural when they have a task of speaking in public. My fear related to public speaking is determined by my emotional state that occurs every time I face this public overwhelming situation. I have a low self-esteem. That is why I experience difficulties with public speaking. One area in the quiz where I identified a lower self-esteem trait was confident communication. Communicating with unknown people, I usually experienced shame. Oftentimes, my fear was more imaginative. Actually, I am a brave person, but speaking in public makes me absolutely different. My anxiety really upsets me.

My fear of public speaking is related to my negative experience in the early childhood. Once, at the age of 5 or 6, I intended to recite a poem at the New Year’s party. I forgot some lines from the poem, and children began laughing at me. It made me so upset and left a strong footprint in my memory. Since then, I always feel anxious not only when speaking in public, but also communicating with people whom I do not know very well or who have higher positions than I do. My negative attitude to public speaking made me really nervous. However, there are some situations when speaking in public is inevitable. For this reason, I have decided to take a course where I can keep under control my natural emotions while speaking in public. I realized that public speaking skills are important in my future career. They are also crucial to improve my self-esteem. I decided to take this course as I realized that every person should get rid of his fears in case they create obstacles in life. The best decision was to become a self-made person regardless of the previous negative experiences and my fears.

I consider that this course is the only way to deal with my problem. First of all, I will learn how to improve my self-esteem with the help of my teachers and counterparts. My constant observation of others’ behaviors will help me to improve my own attitude to myself. Secondly, I understand that good public speakers should be enthusiastic, energetic, and confident. Thus, I try to have only positive attitude in life. I start to pay more attention to positive things than negative ones. What is more, I should be well-prepared on the topic that gives me awareness in my strengths. Thirdly, I expect to learn to feel confident and try to act this way. After some training, I have got really successful in my attempts.

In order to handle glossophobia, I plan to start training in public speaking in front of a small audience of people with whom I am in close relations including my family and friends. Then, I will work hard to investigate the topic as well as I can. Knowledge is my best argument that helps me to feel more confident. I think that this course will help me to review my attitude to my own worth. I will thoroughly work with all the readings that will be offered during the course since I hope they will explain me that my lower self-esteem is not justified. I think the course would help me realize how my personal skills and abilities can raise my self-esteem. As a result, my perception of others and myself would change. Now, I feel less embarrassed while communicating with others. My lessons helped me to feel more aware of my merits. The confidential relationships between students and teachers as well as among peers are of the greatest importance to me. The course will prove that I should try to be better adapted to the American culture where people feel more confident than in other cultures.

Finally, public speaking could be rather challenging and surprising. If people could get rid of their fear related to public speaking, they will receive fruitful outcomes.

© 2019 Helga Marsels


Author's Note

Helga Marsels
My name is Helga and I'm blogger since my 6. I can't imagine my life without internet, coffee and trips. I'm a copywriter, blogger and content manager at https://topwritingservice.com/. I believe that each of us can make someone's life better with just little effort. My mission is to make boring academic papers sparkle. I'm sure students who need help with countless assignments deserve to get it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on September 4, 2019
Last Updated on September 4, 2019
Tags: essay

Author

Helga Marsels
Helga Marsels

new york, NY



About
My name is Helga and I'm blogger since my 6. I can't imagine my life without internet, coffee and trips. I'm a copywriter, blogger and content manager. I believe that each of us can make someone's lif.. more..