9/16/2019

9/16/2019

A Poem by Andre Peterson

Together, we are crushed by noises, intense and violent as the roaring rapids that rages below us.
It sends out a call from its most bottom most swells.
Smoke bellows from stone, like an omen that sings to the young and the departing.
The wind tears me apart as I lie and say that I must do no wrong.

From here I stand celestial, watching moons pass before our eyes.
Yet each time I reach out it all shatters, sparkling the floor with more shards than there are stars in the sky.
Bands of silver binds to my arms and even in these times I'd trust that you wouldn't steal them for your own.
For I know that you know our demons are far to weak for the angels that guards our lonely, broken hearts.
Our cloaks of victory are just as torn as our regal shoes.
Sometimes you look up with your eyes of blue, piercing my heart with each breath, you do.
To me, the only mystery of enchantment  lies in what we do not say.
I'd tumble down the mountain to spread the word of everything I'd wish to say.
For we are only what we are shouting, we are only what we dream to say.
I once drank from a river and knew everything of what the world was that day.

© 2019 Andre Peterson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

29 Views
Added on September 17, 2019
Last Updated on September 17, 2019
Tags: Poem, prose, understanding, imagery