Epigraph-The Heart's Desire

Epigraph-The Heart's Desire

A Poem by Henry Krone
"

This is the epigraph of my poetry anthology called "The Heart's Betrayal". It is not a poem per se, but I love how it sounds and it also sets up the themes behind the collection.

"
There is no such thing as to be ready or not ready for love. If you are afraid of commitment it is because you haven’t yet kissed the lips of true blessing; the spark that will burn with light and passion has not been yet cast. No fear can be victorious in battle against love. No rational thought can eradicate the heart’s desire. The body’s court of justice will be biased towards tender affection and any judgement will rule in favor of it. When genuine love is put into a scale, even the smallest bit of it will make its side heavier. Like energy, passion and attachment cannot be destroyed and like a Star, it may take a lot of time for love’s warmth to fade into an icy corpse of absence. But who can say the end will not be blistering cold?

© 2021 Henry Krone


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

16 Views
Added on January 18, 2021
Last Updated on January 18, 2021
Tags: love, eradication, commitment, fear, cold, desire, passion

Author

Henry Krone
Henry Krone

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil



About
After several years of reading and appreciating poetry, I finally decided to write my own poems. Two years ago I completed my poetry anthology, telling the story of my own understanding of love, life,.. more..

Writing