Samhain

Samhain

A Poem by Shreya
"

A poem I wrote on the eve of Samhain, our newyear, this 2013. PS. Samhain is what the normal people call "Halloween" It's a tribute to all the good spirits protecting us and helping us all around.

"

I stare out the window

Mist everywhere,

Are they approaching?

The leaves are turning cold

The trees are humming the names

I feel myself getting erased in this exotic feeling

The wind blows

So cold,

The stars blink, just like I blink my eyes,

I see the long forgotten sight

The sea, the mountains, the forest,

Getting smudged inside the mist all at once

And as I've known,

The veil was getting thinner every second,

I finally smile,

Knowing the veil is gone.

They have came.

It's their time.



© 2013 Shreya


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Brilliant imagery and great transitions!
I feel like I went on a journey and saw all those images!

The poem is about a person that has an extra sensory skill and is able to pay attention to what most persons disregard. The character in the poem describes how voices carried by the wind announce the arrival of the once lived.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RealistMe

10 Years Ago

Oh okay. I'm glad to have helped. :)
Shreya

10 Years Ago

Thank you. :)
RealistMe

10 Years Ago

You're welcome.



Reviews

Dark Elves. The White Walkers. The Scourge (World of Warcraft). These are the things that passed through my mind :) Nicely done :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I stare out the window

Mist everywhere,

Are they approaching?

super awesome imagery. You have a painter in you :)

******************************************************************************

I feel myself getting erased in this exotic feeling

The wind blows

you played with images and the sound. marvelous work .
*******************************************************************************


Posted 10 Years Ago


wow Grait write love the way you brought it to life! enjoyed the read!

Posted 10 Years Ago


This was truly moving, awesome job

Posted 10 Years Ago


You have captured a moment in writing. Well done. Try to use more descriptive words, study a thesaurus and look for synonyms and antonyms and memorize them.

With this style of writing you can double your potential with a well developed vocabulary. The most important part of Poetry is painting the picture for the reader before they read it...

Let's see more like this!

="i

Posted 10 Years Ago


Beautiful One. Keep going.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I felt as though I was right there waiting...such vivid imagery, the anticipation was palpable. Well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Breath taking read, i really loved it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like the thought of the piece. I feel that more depth could help with the presentation though. Perhaps more detail to grab the reader's attention and make them remember it once they have moved on to something else. It just doesn't seem to have that pizzaz or punch to it. Not bad but not something that feels legendary.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow, this poem is amazing. The imagery the feeling. There's even a little suspense, like you're waiting for 'them' to get here, for the veil to fall away. It honestly gave me chills. I love poems like this about 'halloween'. Instead of the stereotypically light it's put in. I have one called 'On Sacred Sound'. I haven't put it up yet since I no longer have a computer at the house.

The only constructive critisim I would have is, I feel you could've played with the mist a little more, made it come to life. Mist is always fun.

I think you'd like the book, The Child Thief, it's by BROM, just BROM.

Thank you for the lifely poem.
- Belle

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

567 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on November 25, 2013
Last Updated on November 26, 2013
Tags: spellsofmagic, pagan, wiccan, witch, poem, samhain, spirits, spiritual, divine

Author

Shreya
Shreya

Kolkata, West Bengal, India



About
Hi! My name is Shreya, I am 16, from India. I love writing, and reading. They are my favorite things. I am a Wiccan, so I write a lot about the Magick World, and poems about Magick. I write about in o.. more..


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cyber Girl Cyber Girl

A Poem by s y e


~Sage~ ~Sage~

A Poem by Robbie~xoxo~


If You... If You...

A Poem by s y e