Tiny things to write about No1

Tiny things to write about No1

A Story by Jacky O'r
"

Where would I choose to be exiled and which three things would I take with me?

"

I would choose to be exiled, under no duress, to Trial Bay Jail in South West Rocks, Australia.

As a froggy, not a pommy.

 

Eighteen miles of beaches bordered by Norfolk pines, forests, hills, rocks, a light house and the moon in the sky during most days.

A quiet place with the sound of the waves pacing the nights. The sun inviting me out everyday, strolling to beaches, fishing on rocks or biking up and down dirt trails.

 

I would take with me my old 250 trail bike to zip through the forest, hold on down to the surf beaches, straddle up to the light house and ride on the back road, sometimes with kangaroos racing along.

Boisterous and free.

 

I would take my fishing rod and climb up the rocks early morning, watch dolphins arching in and out of the water and shoals of fish dotting the glassy waves. Alone in the grandeur, the push of the wind, the warming caress of the sun and the battering of the breakers.

Peace and tranquility.

 

I would also probably take my sketchbook to record the moments as if to capture the atmosphere and bottle it up.

Light and beauty.



Oh, and before I go I’ll reach right down to the bottom of the deep bag where I hoarded all bits of my life and pull out my youth again. I’ll take it with me too.


I wish!

 

© 2018 Jacky O'r


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on January 5, 2018
Last Updated on January 6, 2018
Tags: exile, love, sun, bike, peace, Australia, South West Rocks, trial bay jail, beaches, dolphins, paradise

Author

Jacky O'r
Jacky O'r

United Kingdom



About
Very first attempts at creative writing. I usually paint and sketch more..

Writing
Not my fault Not my fault

A Story by Jacky O'r