Unlucky me

Unlucky me

A Poem by Hessy

They all call me the perfect child
Just because I get great grades,
I got a high I.Q
Parents who are damn rich
And I live in a mansion.

My friends all think am cool
Just because I buy them gift.
And hold great parties for them.
They say there is no one as awesome as me and always been crowned the happiest girl in the whole school.

They all think they got me all figured out
But they are far from there
And as far as my smile and laugh are concerned they have always been fake.
They think I got awesome parents but the only awesome thing about them is "their love for each other"
They never have time for me
Always leaving

So tell me why wont I buy gift for my friends to keep them happy.
Why won't I hold great parties for them
Just to make sure they will always be by my side unlike my parents who were never there my whole life as a teenager.
Not there to wipe my tears when I had school problems.
Not there to give me advise when i had boy trouble
And certainly not there to pick me up wen I fall just to tell me
" it's alright dear it's never easy but not impossible"

If I am ever given another chance to live my life
I'll choose a poor hard life a thousand time than the richness I have today. At least my parents will belong to me not their business. At least they will never forget the fact that their daughter is human with feelings not a machine.
A daughter that will always need her parents her whole life.
So if you are poor right now don't be sad and envy the rich cause there are rich people who yearn for real and true love and just be thankful for having it. :-)

© 2014 Hessy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

I imagine it would be pretty sad to have parents who didn't love you, wouldn't it. People tend to look up to wealthy and powerful people, because they see them as successful, but they have no idea just how dysfunctional wealthy and powerful people can actually be. People who become wealthy often do so because they are solely focused on making as much money as they possibly can, and they don't really care about anything else. They neglect their parents, their children, their siblings, and even their own health, all in the endless pursuit of ever more and more money. When you look at the very wealthy, you tend to find that they have staggering rates of alcoholism, drug addiction, rape, and even suicide. They all too often destroy themselves and those around them in their endless pursuit of ever more and more money, just like the story of "The Curse Of Andvari's Ring" in Norse mythology.

Posted 11 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 13, 2014
Last Updated on September 13, 2014

Author

Hessy
Hessy

Writing
Spindrift Spindrift

A Poem by Hessy


Lost Lost

A Story by Hessy


appreciation appreciation

A Poem by Hessy