Abraham The Council

Abraham The Council

A Chapter by HeyJadeXO

"How could this happen!" Abraham screams from the top of his lungs," I tasked you with one simple thing, catch the boy!”

 

Emery is in a state of hesitation as she waits for the opportunity to respond. The other members of the team surrounding the dining table are watching her intensely, not offering any assistance to the girl.

 

Her voice is dripping with fear, "Master, I am sorry I had to let him go. I approached the safe base. The gypsy she would have �"“

 

"Enough!" Abraham says, slamming his fists into the table.

 

"I asked you a question, yet you offer me excuses! I have given you the ability to change into any animal in the whole world, yet you choose a pack of mangy mutts!"

 

His voice echoes throughout the room. The glassware begins to shake on the dinner table.

 

"Emery you are a waste of my gift," he says coldly to the woman.

 

Emery sinks deeper into her chair, on the brink of tears. 

 

Abraham could hear snickering behind him. "Do you find something humorous Leo?"

 

Abraham turns his attention away from Emery. He begins to make his way over to a space between two men, his feet gliding across the rug effortlessly, showing off his levitation skill. 

 

Jedrek and Leo looked up at him with concern. Jedrek is holding the arms of his chair nervously. His muscles began to bulge, ripping his shirt a little in the sleeves, watching on edge while Leo starts to engage Abraham arrogantly.

 

"I do find it ironic that the girl would choose dogs, but, hey, we can't all be geniuses around here," Leo slapped Jedrek's arm playfully while laughing. 

 

Emery is staring a hole into the back of Leo's head. She knows he is hostile towards her. Abraham eerily starts laughing along with Leo. 

 

Jedrek immediately moves his chair back a few inches sensing the amusement wasn't genuine. 

 

 A purple aura surrounds Leo, lifting him off of his chair. His body is thrown across the room, slamming directly into the wall, knocking his glasses off. 

 

He is now face down on the floor, unconscious. Jedrek begins to rise off of his chair slightly to help Leo then, decides against it. Even though he is five times the size of Abraham, he isn't confident in his safety.

 

 Emery snickers, "Karma."

 

"Anybody else cares to comment?" Abraham says daringly.

 

The room fell silent. The other members sat motionless in their seats, fearing one move would cause them the same fate as Leo's. 

 

The door to the room squeaks open, breaking the silence. A man enters as if no one else is in the chamber. He removes his hat and jacket, calmly placing them on the nearby rack. He speaks to Abraham directly.

 

"Perhaps we should conclude this dinner. It seems like there has been enough excitement for tonight," the man says, gesturing to Leo's body.

 

Abraham lets out a small laugh and nods in agreement. 

 

Jedrek rushes over, picking up Leo's lifeless body from the floor. He throws the smaller man over his shoulder as he rushes out of the door joining the other members in their hasty exit. Abraham points at the wine in the middle of the table. "Help yourself uncle Liam,” he says warmly.

 

"You do realize they are newborns?" the man says with compassion, as he pours himself a glass. 

 

"Newborns? No. They are garbage I took the time to recycle," Abraham responded, "I should have left them in the trash where I found them." 

 

He reaches for his wine glass and begins to walk over to the window, sipping his drink in silence.

 

"Just remember your father is watching. It would be a shame if he started to feel as though he gave you a task you couldn't handle," Liam says. 

 

Abraham slams his glass down. Red wine encases the table in crimson. The shattered glass shards pierce into his palm. "I have waited too long to be the gamemaster. No one, not even my father will take it away from me."

 

Liam lets out a small snort. His head starts shaking side to side slowly. "This has been the problem with you since you were a child. Time doesn't make you master of anything. Your father knew that quite early on. That's what made your dad the definition of a gamemaster, but you, Abraham, have everything handed to you."

 

Abraham stared at the glass in his palm while his uncle spoke. Each piece slowly falls out of his skin and onto the floor.

 

His cuts are mending themselves. A smile crept across his face. "My father was a pushover."

 

Liam looks at Abraham in disbelief. He places his glass down on the table calmly and stands up. 

 

A few short steps lead him over to the coat rack. As he gathers his jacket and hat, he said with one foot outside the door, "I had higher hopes for you, Nephew. As far as the boy is concerned, you made a selfish decision. That decision will have a consequence no matter how long you push it off. The game is not designed to suit an individual. When the rest of The Council learn of your choices, I hope they show mercy. 

 

Liam closes the dining room door behind him before another word can exchange between the two men. 

 

Abraham says in a quiet whisper, "We will see who needs the mercy Uncle."

 

 



© 2016 HeyJadeXO


Author's Note

HeyJadeXO
Work in progress

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amazing! I see the arrogance of Abraham against the humility of his uncle. I wonder whose resolve is greater at the end of the day. I'd love for you to describe a brawl between the two one day. Nice chapter I look forward to more. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


The chapter was very good. You create a place of decision and the consequences of the decisions. I did like the ending. Direct and honest words and thoughts. Gave strength to the story and to the characters. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


HeyJadeXO,
You are enjoying your craft I can tell! This chapter has a good lead up as far as action, suspense. It maybe needs a little editing as far tenses are concerned; for instance ed and s endings. I think that you are just working on it right now and the process is your place of learning. I feel funny saying a whole lot as I have not written a full story as of yet. I know you'll be wonderful and so will your story. Blessings to you Kathy

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


HeyJadeXO

7 Years Ago

I am taking a run through on the tenses from all my chapters.I didn't realize how crazy all over the.. read more
Yeah! I've been waiting for this a nice wee look into the council. I know it's still in progress, but super dope work Jade I've enjoyed all of it this far. Be encouraged. R xo

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


HeyJadeXO

7 Years Ago

I'm glad you are enjoying the story so far ! Thank you for being a constant reader.
Alright, alright, I am really liking this! I'm wondering what in the world is going on, but you keep giving me glimpses of things that I'll find out later. I'm excited to read more. The only thing that I noticed is a lot of adverbs. I'm working on that in my own stuff, which is probably why I noticed it. What I'm trying is a wider variety of verbs, so I can describe actions without using too many adverbs, if that makes sense? Anyway, its great and I'm excited for more!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


D Connolly

7 Years Ago

Yes please keep going! This is a good start!
D Connolly

7 Years Ago

Uh, oh! Do I sense a rivalry here between uncle and nephew? That addition adds some intrigue!
HeyJadeXO

7 Years Ago

XD I'll never tell
I'm enjoying this already. Its cool to see this glimpse of the council. keep it up!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


HeyJadeXO

7 Years Ago

Thanks Neal =]

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

579 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 21, 2016
Last Updated on December 2, 2016


Author

HeyJadeXO
HeyJadeXO

West Haven, CT



Writing
Inception Inception

A Chapter by HeyJadeXO


Personified Personified

A Chapter by HeyJadeXO


Masquerade Masquerade

A Chapter by HeyJadeXO



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Inception Inception

A Chapter by HeyJadeXO


The Clown The Clown

A Poem by Hebe


Masquerade Masquerade

A Chapter by HeyJadeXO


Black or White Black or White

A Poem by Hebe