Havyn

Havyn

A Chapter by HeyJadeXO

2 am. Time for a short workout then bed.

 

I reach for my headphones and crank the volume on high to drown this day out. The drums from my music vibrate in the back of my head. Too many old skeletons are coming to light.

 

A warm up routine is unnecessary. My blood hasn't gone cold yet from the battle. I start my first rep of push-ups when I feel someone watching me. I glance up to see Nyxia leaning on the stairs, watching. I won't give her the pleasure of my full attention.

 

Here to rip me apart some more?  Where's Ares when you need him?

 

"What’s wrong?" I ask through grunts.

 

"I heard noises, thought I would check it out," she replies, sheepishly.

 

"Go back to sleep," I direct.

 

"Why aren't you sleeping?" she asks.

 

"A lot on my mind,” I answer.

 

I walk over to the bench press. The bar bends as I load up weight. Nyxia's eyes widen.

 

"If you are going to stay, you can spot me," I say jokingly, but she doesn't smile. Rather than fill the silence, I position myself to resume my workout.

 

"It's not my thing," she squeaks out.

 

"Working out?" I ask, pushing the bar upwards.

 

"No, helping," she stumbles.

 

My hands stay resting on the bar. I pretend this is a cool down between sets, but her statement bothered me.

 

"You helped our pal Ares back there," I state.

 

"It was selfish," she says.

 

"Selfish or not, you fought your sister for him. That has to count for something," I offer.

 

Nyxia's face twisted.

 

Nyxia's body suddenly went absent from my view. At first, I assume the conversation has come to an end and continue to lift. To my surprise, however, I see her taking a seat on a nearby chair. Her hair is loose for once, not bound tightly by her usual ponytail; the whimsical edges made her dark eye makeup less intimidating. Nyxia pulls up her sleeves as she leans into her knees. I take immediate notice to her tattooed forearms. The lotus flowers portray her to be more feminine than I gave her credit for. The movie star makeup dresses up her ripped jeans and dark boots. Of all the women I have dealt with, she certainly didn't fall into any category.

 

"At some point, you are going to have to let us in. All of us need to look out for each other. I mean, if someone didn't step in, you could have gotten hurt way worse," I advise.

 

Nyxia hits her hands on her thighs. “You know what? I am not going to sit here and take some bullshit advice. Especially from someone that got eliminated in the first few days. I would have been fine!" she raises her voice at me.

 

My blood races, her gaze is daring me to speak. She barely dodges the bar as it passes over her head. The weights scatter all over the floor. I can hear the shock in her breathing when the warmth from my hands touches the cold skin on her hips. My pictures fall when her back smashes into the wall. The grip from her legs tightens around my stomach as I place my forearm into her neck forcing her to look at me. Her hand slides down her leg to her boot. Once again the glint from the knife greets me. She places the edge into my stomach. My skin burns as it separates slightly.

 

"Are you okay now? No weapons, friends, or magic. It doesn't matter how much magic you possess; it won't stop someone from snapping your neck in seconds," I whisper. 

 

I wrap my hand around the knife handle. “Go ahead," I provoke.

 

Nyxia digs her knife deep into my stomach. I can feel the blade tear muscle. She waits for a reaction. I lower my head to hers, my lips brush hers slightly, as her eyes close in submission.

 

"You know what my awakening gave me? Unmeasurable strength, accompanied by a Regenerate factor. Kryptonite to a mage like you,” I taunt.

 

Her knife crashes to the floor.

 

"I suggest you get with the program sweetheart," I say, loosening my grip.

 

Nyxia's feet touch the ground. Her hand shoots to her neck, rubbing the space my forearm introduced itself. Her walk towards the staircase is angelic. Despite my anger, I watch in silence as she turns the corner, leaving my sight. Then, I remove my bloody tank top.

 

There goes another shirt.



© 2017 HeyJadeXO


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love your writing! It's captivating! I love how you create a scene I can really get a nice image in my mind. The exchanges are well written too! Can't wait to read on!
Tabby

Posted 6 Years Ago


HeyJadeXO

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading Tabby I appreciate the feedback !
Great chapter...the story is definitely addictive. There was one sentence I read over and over...and just couldn't wrap my head around. Not sure what you meant to say...but it threw me. Might need to tweak it a bit: Nyxia's feet touch the ground. Her hand shoots to her neck, rubbing the space my forearm introduced itself.

Nicely done!

Posted 7 Years Ago


HeyJadeXO

7 Years Ago

Thank you again for reading.Just merely a small description of Havyn holding Nyxia up and finally le.. read more
The dialogue is superb Jade! Really powerful style here. I love the gritt of this chapter and what a dope kick a*s close! R xo


Posted 7 Years Ago


HeyJadeXO

7 Years Ago

thanks love! im always pumped when you enjoy
loved this chapter,sounds like real life !

Posted 7 Years Ago


HeyJadeXO

7 Years Ago

I do my best to keep it fantasy with an inspiration from real people =]
Wow, that was interesting...& I also like the small descriptions which made me to connect..

Posted 7 Years Ago


Interesting write, Valentine

Posted 7 Years Ago


I love the articulation of this, powerfully written. The whole scene I could envision and was captivated throughout, you tell a story well and keep the reader engaged, the dialogue is well thought out also, superb :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


HeyJadeXO

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BBP
Loved!!!! Jade your storytelling seems effortless. A polished gem with amazing dialogue. My style for sure, I could read the whole thing........ (which I intend to). I loved the grit, the truth and the effortless dialogue. You kept it very realistic even with the fantasy factors. Impressed and intrigued! Good work Jade. Thank you for the read request... I'm so glad I got to read it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


HeyJadeXO

7 Years Ago

Thank you for checking this out !

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

411 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 6, 2017
Last Updated on January 23, 2017


Author

HeyJadeXO
HeyJadeXO

West Haven, CT



Writing
Inception Inception

A Chapter by HeyJadeXO


Personified Personified

A Chapter by HeyJadeXO


Masquerade Masquerade

A Chapter by HeyJadeXO



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..