To The Moon & Back

To The Moon & Back

A Story by HiddenAngel
"

"See everyone has a moment in their life that either changes it for the better or worse. Unfortunately mine was for the worse."

"

            Night time as I see it is darkness, darkness that fills the sky to the smallest corner of your room. Now I haven’t always felt that way about the night. No, I used to love to sit and watch the stars and moon while our tiny planet spun round and round. See everyone has a moment in their life that either changes it for the better or worse. Unfortunately mine was for the worse. At seventeen I was a "normal" kid. I loved hanging out with my friends and joking during school. School, the one thing I hated the most. Our science class was taking a trip to the planetarium and of course it was required. Thankfully my three friends Miles, John and Wyatt were going to be coming too. We left the school at nine in the morning and took the hour long trip out to the middle of nowhere. Miles and I sat on the bus together listening to music and playing games on his IPod. As we approached the planetarium and eerie feeling swept over me. Our class filed out of the bus and stood in front of the mid-size building in front of us. An older man came out with another man who seemed to be in his twenties. “Welcome to the Odessa Planetarium!” he said cheerfully and led the group inside. I stood in the back of the room listening to the speech he gave about keeping the place clean and respecting the property then noticed the young man from outside gazing over at me. The class separated into groups of four and Wyatt, John, Miles and I headed to the second floor where there was a movie. The younger guy stayed a safe distance away as we walked up the steps and into the theatre. Soon enough the boys had to use the bathroom and ran out leaving me alone with the guy. “Hey, I’m Carson. “ the guy said moving closer. “Hey” I quickly said and went back to watching the movie. “You know there’s a lot more interesting things here than this old movie. I can take you to the star room if you’d like?” he asked. I could feel his hot breath on my neck and something told me to go with him. I followed behind as we walked through the empty halls finally coming to a dome shaped room. “This will be cool watch” he said and turned out the lights. Instinctively I grabbed onto him and held tight. Slowly small lights started to appear on the ceiling creating what seemed to be the night sky. After a minute or two I realized I was still gripping to him and jumped back “sorry about that.” I said. He wrapped an arm around me and pulled me back close “its ok I kind of liked it.” He whispered in my ear. I shuddered as I could practically feel his lips right next to my ear. He pulled me back towards large bean bags that lay close to the wall and sat down. I did the same, trying to keep some distance between us. “So I never got your name” he said. “Courtney” I whispered. I looked over him and started to realize how good looking he was. He must have worked out a lot or did a lot of manual labor because his bare arms were pure muscle. Without knowing I moved closer and examined his face. A small scar sat above his left eye and a bristly looking chin strap covered another. For a moment we sat there starring into each other’s eyes. “I’m sorry” I said looking away and blushing. He gently pulled my chin back towards his gaze and leaned in for a kiss. Without hesitation I kissed him back. He pushed me back into the bean bag and I wrapped my arms around his neck. Before I knew it he was ripping at my clothes giving me little cuts on my bare skin. “Carson no please” I begged as he got rougher. “You’ll like it” he whispered in my ear then went back to kissing my neck. I looked up to the fake stars trying to clear the tears from my eyes. Over his shoulder the moon shone bright, taking my attention away from the situation at hand. Carson had undressed himself and finally freed me from my clothes. I tried to get free as he moved the bean bag but he threw me onto the floor and held me down by the arms. It felt like ages as he abused my body only to please himself. As he finished he deposited his seed in me then rolled onto his side and held me close. “Please let me go now” I begged and tried to get out of his arms. He held me tighter and didn’t say a word. I looked back at the stars which were starting to fade and closed my eyes. For the longest time I kept them shut praying that when I opened them he would be gone. Slowly I opened my eyes and surprised by the darkness jumped back. “Don’t be afraid I’m right here” he whispered then began to kiss my neck again. I finally closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

            See everyone has that moment that changes there life. Mine happened to be this. Do I regret going with him to the star room? No. See there’s no limit on how many times you can have a life changing moment and from that experience I had two more. Nine months later I gave birth to a son named Caelum, after the constellation I saw at his time of conception. My other life changing moment was marrying Carson. After everything that happened I couldn’t help but feel something for him. When I received the news about being pregnant he was the first person I told. Not only did he take me in after I was kicked out of my home but he supported and loved me through the whole thing. It all felt like I had been to the moon and back.

© 2011 HiddenAngel


Author's Note

HiddenAngel
My first attempt at a short story. Sorry about all the "C" names, Carson, Courtney and Caelum are three people I know who mean a lot to me. I'm not sure if I want to continue and make this into a book so tell me your thoughts about that please. Thanks for reading!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is amazing!

There is one correction, though. You should either put speech/quotation mars on the word normal when defining yourself, because nobody is "Normal" we are all unique.

I thought this was a really touching story, It really triggers people's emotions, when I was reading about the "Star Room" I was feeling worried, scared for this girl, wondering what was going to happen to her. It's amazing what you have done here, you should be really proud of your work!

If you do make this into a story, let me know? I'll defiantly be reading it.



Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 24, 2011
Last Updated on March 25, 2011
Tags: Field trip, Space, Planetarium, Stars, Love, Change

Author

HiddenAngel
HiddenAngel

About
I'm sixteen and a student in highschool. My life revolves around music, art, and writing. My friends are my inspiration for most of my work. I would be nothing without them. I suffer from anxiety & se.. more..

Writing