Blippen

Blippen

A Stage Play by Deron Anthony

Scene:  The office cubical of a man diligently typing, he a young looking guy with his work station neat and organized.  He dressed a little stranger than his co-workers with a bright neon green skull cap and a tight reddish -yellow leather jacket. His pants come up to chest tucking in his orange t-shirt. His face shows no signs of mental thought as his eyes stare blankly and his tongue is out.  Coming from stage right are two well dressed co-works. One with a smile and the blue tie is Cody, he the assistant supervisor. To his right is the supervisor dress in a dark blue suit this is Ricky. They both stop at the cubical of our oddly dressed friend.

 

Cody: well here he is sir, that new employee I told you so much about.

(He smiles as he spreads a hand to our oddly dressed friend)

 

Ricky:  AH, yes good day to you sir.

(He sticks out his hand)

 

The oddly dressed man continues to type still with same dumbfound look on his face not paying any attention to Ricky or Cody.

 

Cody: snap, I almost forgot, his names Blippen.

Cody: (facing Ricky he covers the side of you mout with a hand)he's not from around here.

 

Cody:  BLOOOO!


Blippen: (Blippen looks up)BLOOOO!

 

Ricky makes an uncomfortable face

 

Ricky: What is the meaning of this?

 

Cody: sorry sir Blippen isn’t form here.

 

(Blippen continues to look up twisting head until his next line)

 

Ricky: I understand that, but what’s with that unpleasant noise your making?

 

Cody: again sorry sir, I forgot to tell you….

(Sighs)

 Cody: you’re not going to believe me, well, Blippen  is an alien from the stellar galaxy…

(make multiple hand signs while saying the next line)  

 

Cody: UUUUU PLUK BLOOOO CLICK CLAP  Holiday inn.

 

Ricky backs up a little with his arms crossed and makes a serious face.

 

Ricky: do you expect me to believe that this young man is a space alien? Cody Come on man you can’t be real.

 

Cody :( holds a hand up) Now I know what you’re thinking, but watch this sir.

(He faces Blippen)

 

Cody: BLOOO OOO WOOP!

 

Blippen: (grins hysterically) BLOOOO BLOOO OOO WOOP!

 

Ricky blocks his ears.

 

Ricky: what is that noise you are making? It’s foolish.

(Still blocking his ears)

 

 

In the background Blippen lightly BLOO’S to himself, his head rocking rapidly

 

Cody: sir it’s his natural langue BlOOlish. Watch how we carry out a simple conversation.

(He faces Blippen)

 

Cody: BlOOOOOO BlING WOOOOP SLOOOP BO BOOOP.

 

Blippen: BLOOOO SWEET BLIK BLOOOO BLEEP.

(Move your head a lot when saying this line)

 

Cody nods his head.

 

Cody: oh I see.  (Do multiple movements while saying this line)BLOOO BLOO BOP BEE BOP BOP OOO.

                          

 

Ricky leans in engaged in the conversation

 

Ricky: what are you guys talking about?

 

Cody puts up a finger.

 

Blippen: BANG BOOM,   HEE ANNNNNNN.

 

Cody: (bust out in laughter) I can’t believe that happen.

 

Ricky: (frustrated) what the hell are you guys talking about?

(Wave your hands in the air)

 

Cody: (still chuckling a little bit) sorry sir, he was just telling me about the time he saved the earth form near destruction, nothing serious.

 

 Ricky: (strokes his chin) I don’t know if Blippy fits the qualification.

 

Blippen again softly starts to BLOOP to himself.

 

Cody: sir he’s totally qualified. He gets all his work done in 10 seconds and he makes the best strawberry tarts.

 

Ricky: (stroking chin) well, don’t know, I do like strawberry tarts. But we need papers.  (Gesturing with both hands)And where… or how are we going get them.

 

Blippen is still BLOOPING to himself and rocking his head.

 

Cody: don’t worry about the papers sir. We don’t even have to pay him really,

I just give him balloons every week. (Wink)

 

Ricky: (grin) really?! What does he do with them?

 

Cody: heck if I know. (shrug your shoulders)

 

Cody: what do you say sir?

 

Ricky: (scratches head) Al-alright he can work here.

(Say line reluctantly)

  

Cody hugs Ricky, Ricky doesn’t hug back

 

Cody: thank you sir.

 

Cody :( facing Blippen) BLOOOO WWEEEP!

 

Blippen :( jump up) BLOOOO WEEEEP BBB OOOOO BOP!

 

Cody: aww that’s sweet. (Put your hands to your heart)

 

Ricky: what did he say?!

 

Cody: he said you look dashing with that tie sir.

 

(Ricky blushes a little)

 

Blippen continues to jump around BLOO to himself.

 

Ricky: (facing Blippen who is still jumping up and down) Um BLO-BLUE BOP.

 

Blippen stops and shoots a mean look at Ricky; Cody crosses arms and shakes his head.

 

Cody: sir you just said his mother is a lard eating walrus.  

 

Ricky bits his lip in embarrassment.

 

 Blippen still staring at Ricky

 

Cody :( facing Blippen) BLOOP BLEEP.

 

Blippen looks at Cody; nods and starts jumping up and down again BLOOING to himself.

 

Cody: its fine sir, he won't grind your bones into table salt.

(pat Ricky on the back)

 

Ricky: (make a confused face-then nod) so you ready for lunch?

 

Cody: yeah let’s get some burgers.

 

Cody: (facing Blippen who is still jumping around) hey man you want to get some burgers?

 

Blippen :( stop jumping and stand straight facing them both) No my good man, I’ve prepared a 10 curse meal for my afternoon feast. 

 

Ricky mouth drops open.

 

Ricky: you can talk?!

 

Blippen: why yes old chum, I can speak English and over 70 trillion other langues.  Good day to you sir, and it will be a pleasure working for you.

 

Blippen then exit stage right walking proper as he leaves.

 

Ricky closes his mouth

 

Ricky: did you know he could actually speak.

 

Cody: yeah I did.

 

Ricky: and how the hell did you learn how his weird langue?

 

Cody :( put your hands on your hips) duh he’s my cousin. Now let’s get some burgers.

 

Cody puts arm around Ricky’s back and they both exit stage right.

 

The END

 

© 2009 Deron Anthony


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews

HAHA that was funny !! cool way to get a job :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

384 Views
1 Review
Added on February 20, 2009
Last Updated on February 23, 2009

Author

Deron  Anthony
Deron Anthony

AkronColumbus OH, Brockton MA, OH



About
Hello again...I'm Deron now 25 and realizing that as a Writer we must Edit Edit Edit!! Though it seems to be Last thing a writer wants to do literally. It doesn't matter how great and idea, concept, p.. more..

Writing