Chapter 7 - Cracks In The Armour

Chapter 7 - Cracks In The Armour

A Chapter by Holdini

We are finally going back to school today, it’s been a rough couple of days but I got a  lot of rest and thinking while at home. I’m trying my best to stay as my normal self while not thinking about the incident too much. My dad even gave me a rundown on why it’s always important to keep my medicine stocked on me.

“Yuta I miiiised youuu!”. I punch Kasuno down before he can get any closer to me.

“It was only two days..besides I was getting a lot of needed rest away from reality and you.”

“Ouch man I know you crave the hermit lifestyle but that’s low even for you! Anyway, how are you holding up?” He leans in closer so we can talk more seriously.

“I’m feeling a bit better, not until the suspect is caught will I  be back to my normal-cynical self.”

“It’s unsettling to think someone like that is still out there at large, but don’t worry he won’t strike again in the same spot I’m sure”. I can’t believe it, but he actually puts me at ease with that statement. I knew I was friends with this person for something other than verbally abusing him…

“You’re right, but it could be someone that comes to this school daily�"hey! What if it’s a teacher??”. This thought never occurred to me until now, the perfect camouflage. Thinking of this gives me chills. We are out in the school yard so no one is right near us. We shouldn’t be talking about this now especially since it just happened.

“Don’t be ridiculous Yuta, what would they have against Taki?”

He has a point, Taki being the victim wouldn’t make any sense at all.

“Well let’s just forget about it for now, that won’t do any good�"”

“Ding donggg”. The morning bells rings ushering us back inside for the new school day. All of the students still seem in a quiet and gloomy mood, I don’t blame them after what happened.

----

----

The hubbub of a normal school day is inviting to my ears even with the darker atmosphere, I actually hate crowds and busy places so Tokyo was never an option for my personality. However, getting back to this normal life is making it easier to cope with.

I’m on the second floor walking to my next class, I walk by a window and look out to see Kurihara-san talking with a couple of friends in the courtyard. Her calmness and serenity draws me to her. For someone who detests human interaction 99% of the time, something about her must be special!

What is must be like to see her embarrassed face while she blushes and looks me in the eye�"

“Umph!”. I run into someone in the hallway while I was daydreaming.

“Sorry about that are you okay?” I hear the voice asking me.

“Y-Yeah I’m fine just a little dizzy..”. I rub my head while looking up at the figure who hit me, looking down on me is the student council president Shirou Yasawaki. He is above-average height with wavy hair and always has a calm look on his face. I’ve heard he is one of the top students, but aren’t all student council presidents supposed to be?

“I hope you aren’t hurt Hiragi-san, please forgive me. What kind of president am I taking out fellow students in the hallway?”.  He lightly laughs while helping me off the ground. Hmph, he really does seem like a genuine guy. Something that I can never become at least.

“No it was my fault for not paying attention don’t worry about it.”

“Ah yes it is easy to get distracted by Kurihara-san isn’t it?” He smiles at me while looking out the window towards her.

“Huh?! Wh-What are you talking about I was just thinking if I missed any homework.”

This president has some sharp senses, not sure if I like super-cunning people like him. He somehow knew what was distracting me without even thinking about it.

“Hahaha I’m kidding! You can’t be getting distracted this close to the final exams though you don’t want to be stressed out.”

“Of course not wouldn’t want that would we?”. I sarcastically reply as I walk away so I can get to class. Great now my head really does hurt just trying to keep up with his personality.

“Ah Hiragi-san could you do me favor? It won’t take long at all.”

Haaah, I let out a sigh of annoyance and turn around. See this is why I try to avoid human interaction if it’s not needed. He is asking me for a favor even though I don’t know him at all. Well it would be better than getting to class…

“As long as it’s quick okay? I don’t like petty tasks that waste my time”.

“Thank you! You see the student council needs some textbooks for our study sessions, could you go to the science lab and get the box of them? I would do it myself but the principal called me to his office so I don’t have time right now”.

Oh great, being a pack mule is on the top of the lists for my career choices. Be nice Yuta, be nice.

“Sure sure, as long as I can carry the box I’ll drop them off at the student council room. I count this as a petty tasks so you owe me one favor I’m not free okay?” Wait..that came out wrong.

“Of course no problem at all�"oops I’m late now so I have to get going thanks again!”. He bows to me then hurries away. Even though Taki was the vice president he doesn’t seem all that sad or anything. Well on the outside at least, just like me. He must have a strong outer shell to show no negative emotions though.

I tap my foot deciding if I still want to grab the textbooks, finally I decide it’s better than going to class. I turn the other way and head towards the science room.

----

----

The hallway is quiet now as I make my way to the science room, what have I done to be made into a errand boy? Some people take pride in these things like making others happy by fetching them items. Well whatever, less time in class is better.

“Where is it…ah here it is”. I find my way to the back of the hall to the science lab.

I slide open the door to the science room and walk in.

“I’m coming innn..no one here huh. Now where are those books that President wants? Is this place even used much there’s dust everywhere”.

I’m searching under the desks for the books which should be�" s**t..my head. I lightly clutch my temples, time to take the medicine.

I take a pill and drink some water from the sink in the room, the headaches have been coming on more often lately. Is this some sick sign that I’m growing up?

I look around the room and find my way to the window. Down in the yard some class is having P.E. with the boys jogging laps and the girls stretching. I glance around and notice Kurihara-san again. Wow I’m either really lucky by always finding her outside a window or unlucky that I’m not down there as well. Look at me being all fuzzy and warm…ew.

I lean on my hands and stare out the window. “Kurihara-sannn I’m watching youu…wait that sounds extremely disturbing never mind”.

All of a sudden a male student walks up to her as if expecting them to meet. Who is that? I’ve never seen him before. They then exchange a hug like he has just gotten back from a war or something.

“What in the hell?? …” My eye twitches in irritation. What’s his problem being all touchy towards her I don’t even know who that is.

I then watch them walk to the edge of the field like some couple as they start laughing and having a good time. Even though I took the medicine it’s too soon for it to take effect for my head, the pain is getting worse, burning.

----

----

“Oh man, why is Sensei making me bring this to the teacher’s room? Where did that idiot Yuta go anway? He can’t be skipping class so close to final exams!”

I walk through the empty halls towards my destination. I, Kasuno Yatago, promise to bring the package in safely Sensei! I vow to my teacher like I’m on some mission to the ends of the Earth.

I wonder how things with Yuta and Kurihara are going. I hope he actually has the pride to reel her in, boy would I be a proud friend!

“Bangbang”. What is that I just heard? Sounded like someone is banging on something down the hall. I look around and I see no one in the hall since classes are in session.

I make my way to the noise and end up at the science room door, its still barely cracked open and I look through it.

“Wh-Who does he think he is?! Stay away from her d****t she’s mine. Hahahaha Kurihara-san don’t betray me like this”.

What in the hell? Someone is talking to themselves alone in here. I can’t tell who it is since they are turned around but Kurihara was mentioned.

His whole body is shaking, is he crying or angry I can’t tell. This is starting to creep me the hell out. He’s just rambling on about something with inaudible sounds in between words.

“Hahhh..this is what you think of me? I-I should end this right…away”.

Oh s**t he’s turning around this way!�"No way… is that who I think it is?

“Yu-Yuta??” I quietly ask through the door, what is going on here?

Yuta’s eyes have a blank look in them. That’s not Yuta no way in hell! That was some maniac I just heard not the energy-conserving cynical Yuta..

“W-What are you doing man? Was that you I just heard, no way right??”

He stands there and stares at me in silence, I instinctively start to back away. He starts to babble something, what is he talking about?

“I didn’t do it I didn’t do it I didn’t do it!!”. He gets down on his knees with his head down, I start to hear sobbing sounds.

“Woahhh Yuta its okay, its me Kasuno! Your partner in crime remember!” I start to plead with him.

He looks up at me with tears still running down his face. “Kasuno….Kasuno what am I doing?”

His face is red and wet from tears, I don’t understand what I just saw…

“Yeah man its me! What are you doing in here?” Yuta looks up at me.

----

----

“Huh? You’re right…oh yeah I was getting textbooks for the president. Why am I on my knees for what did you make me do?!”

“What?! No idiot I found you in here doing….never mind I just walked in while you were looking for the books I guess”.

It is weird how I’m on my knees, well everyone has those moments of “What just happened?”. This is similar to that time I ended up in class however, wait was I crying or something?

I remember…seeing Kurihara-san outside the window! I get up and walk to the window, no one is down there.

“What are you looking for?” Kasuno comes up behind me.

“Oh nothing…just thought I saw something. Hey, do you know if Kurihara-san…you know likes anyone?”

“Me? Why would I know that you idiot! I’m not some gossip machine you know. If you want valuable information you will have to compensate me muahaha!” Annoying as ever I see.

“Owww!”. I hit Kasuno over the head with one of the textbooks that I just found.

“Well whatever, here are the books so I’ll be going now”.

“Sure thing man… are you okay? Like nothing is bothering you huh?” He asks in a serious tone.

“Bothering me? What are you talking about I’m fine. If anyone is bothering me it’s you not helping me carry these books.”

“Oh s**t right! I have to pick something up for Sensei, sorry can’t help right now”

“Hmm, well whatever I’m going to bring these to the President, cya”. I heave the big box out the room towards my destination. I still feel Kasuno looking at me from behind.



© 2017 Holdini


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on July 9, 2017
Last Updated on July 9, 2017
Tags: thriller, mystery, horror, school, action, japan


Author

Holdini
Holdini

About
Hello, I'm new to the writing scene and am currently attempting to right my first novel. more..

Writing