Letter to The Jester

Letter to The Jester

A Story by HollisAnn Harrison
"

A letter from the Grand Duchess of Aellanlie to the royal jester, dismissed.

"
Jester,
I am displeased with your regal puns. They, in fact, are less than adequate and hardly satisfactory. The mere fact that you would attempt to jeapordise the political advantages we have over Obselan by means of not-so-witty humor are somewhat disturbing. You have played your part in attempting to vanquish the throne. As such, you have been banished from the court. This is unsettling.
Although your treason has led to your exile, it is not with hatred that I write this to you. Rather, I find myself in awe and pity at your disgrace. It is with awe that I find you had the audacity to attempt such vile acts; pity, for your punishment. Frankly, it was the finding of the Decmocratic Court of Justice which brought you to your knees, not I. Personally, your punishment would have merely been the knowledge of your acts; however, the Court is not as forgiving as I am. Therefore, it is with deep regret that I must inform you there is nothing I can do in regards to an appeal of the decision, regardless of personal opinion.
It would be understandable if your perspective of the situation has led you to a sense of hatred toward me. Indeed, had the roles been reversed I suppose I would be irate at the one who has declared a negative brand upon my head. Despite this, it is my fondest hope that you will understand my position, and know that I do not hold a grudge against you for your actions. Aellanlie, however, must have a strong leader if it is meant to stand, and it is not my intention to see the City of Light's walls fall. Thus, I must stand by the Court's decree.
In conclusion, you are henceforth dismissed from your duties as royal jester and are hereby banished to Obselan for the remainder of your existence on Aellanlie. I bid you farewell, and may you find good fortune in your endeavors.
Sincerely,
Scye Ellinscye
Grand Duchess of Aellanlie

© 2013 HollisAnn Harrison


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on March 9, 2013
Last Updated on March 9, 2013
Tags: letter, jester, duchess, rogue