A Dream

A Dream

A Story by HollisAnn Harrison
"

This was my dream last night.

"
-You were in my dreams again. You and the man I'm with now were fighting for me.
-It was a beautiful night. I was at your house, and I don't remember what your family was doing because I was focused solely on you.
-I told you I love you, because, despite the pain and all the scars that are still healing, I do.
-I gave you half of my new necklace: a dog tag with my name, blood type and phone number inscribed upon the metal. You smiled.
-Then I went to the city to tell the man I'm with about you. I told him it was over between us, but we could have just one more night together. I felt the pull of confusion as I realized I love two men. I didn't know what to do.
-The next thing I remember is that he and I were running from you. Your wrath is calm, subtle, and yet severe. You didn't want to let me go, and I didn't want you to either, but I couldn't make up my mind. You were the chivalric enigma, powerful and swift, yet filled with mystery by your silence; he is the peace-loving veteran who would never lift a finger against me.
-I awoke with a pain in my chest. It was then and there I realized the wounds were not healed, and that my heart still aches for you.
-Do not pity me. Help me.

© 2013 HollisAnn Harrison


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on March 23, 2013
Last Updated on March 23, 2013
Tags: dream, boyfriend, ex, love, necklace