POOR PATHETIC DRIVER

POOR PATHETIC DRIVER

A Story by Homason
"

Showing mercy to whom mercy is due...an unconditional encounter.

"
POOR PATHETIC DRIVER.
It was a good day today as the new month began on a Wednesday. What a solemn opportunity as a christian to reunite and commune with God in the Mid-week Prayer at dusk, of course, I didn't fail to attend.
After worship, I stood by the main road waiting for a cab to drive me home. unfortunately, I found myself in an appalling taxi I had refused to enter initially, applying all excuse-tricks just because the car looks physically unhealthy, but I was in it at last anyway. As the journey began, I could observe that the car was struggling not to disappoint its driver, while the driver, on the other hand, tried his best not to take his passengers half-way. To say I was uncomfortable would be an understatement, but I kept silent still, likewise everyone. About two passengers had dropped before I got to my bus stop. Indeed, I was glad at this point.
My fare was #100 but I paid #200 in order to be given the required balance, hence, I had only that #200 note on me. To my greatest surprise I was given #400 by the pathetic driver as supposed balance. Immediately, in less than a second, thousand of filthy thoughts began to opine to my mind what should be the right things to do, of course, I was really broke. "Could this be one of the mysterious ways God works to bless his people?" "could this driver be a prophet to know what my challenge is?" "should I punish him for not doing his part to maintain his car?" "should I teach him a lesson to be always careful?." I said even more of these to myself. But I was rescued by God's law which have been written in my heart. At this moment, empathy unveiled my blind eyes and I began to hypothesize the possible contingencies inherent. Then I began to rethink: "maybe he is visually impaired." "maybe he could be severely stressed/frustrated." "maybe he has calculation deficit." "how will he meet up his family needs if he had one?." All these thoughts I had in less than a second. The devil had reminded me a whole lot of reasons why I shouldn't return the added/extra balance to the poor pathetic driver, but unlike Adam and Eve, I used my choice to his disappointment. Without wasting another second, I handed back the money saying in pigeon: "Oga, u give me plenty change pass o, na 2h i give u." Which when interpreted could mean in English: "Sir, see you have given me more than my balance, I gave you Two Hundred Naira only." Quickly, he corrected his mistake. He was very grateful and thankful. But I was happier because I did the right thing again.

KEY NOTE: Evangelism is not preaching the bible alone. It goes beyond shouting on the streets or in buses quoting authors and books. It is the practical aspects of theology. We would have all become evangelists only when we starve our selfish interest and satisfy our conscience with "thus says the Lord". No matter what, what is worth doing is worth doing well. Evangelism is Dynamic.

SUB NOTE: Not all are Christians but everyone is an Evangelist.

LESSON: A good name is better than riches. It is not fine if it is not right. #ChristMethod.


- Homason
1/03/2017.

© 2017 Homason


Author's Note

Homason
Whichever way you can, everyday, let someone know the Good still exist. Where do we find this challenging or difficult to keep? Share alike experience...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You have some great thoughts rolling through this piece, Homason. It needs some editing. I noticed several run-on sentences, and some of the grammar and technical aspects need polishing, but the piece itself is strong, and carries your message well. Nicely done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is very beautiful and I'm glad that you gave the money back to him. He seemed like he needed it.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am happy that someone is still willing to talk about the Lord. Your piece is very interesting.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You have some great thoughts rolling through this piece, Homason. It needs some editing. I noticed several run-on sentences, and some of the grammar and technical aspects need polishing, but the piece itself is strong, and carries your message well. Nicely done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 2, 2017
Last Updated on March 2, 2017
Tags: Love, knowledge, information, God, compassion, forgiveness, ignorance, devil, confussion, money, evangelism...

Author

Homason
Homason

Port Harcourt, Christianity, Nigeria



About
Humble and friendly. Writer and composer. Author of the book "Before You Quit: A Recipe for Success." Likes to play football and table tennis. Upholds the Golden Rule. more..

Writing
Time! Time!

A Story by Homason



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..