Mirage

Mirage

A Poem by Honourfish
"

Thing i did for Andy's competition, its hard to describe a desert xD

"
Shimmering flats of golden sand sparkle in the blazing sun. 
The heat so intense that the air itself starts to ripple and form a mirage.
Dunes are constantly changing with the wicked winds that break down the mountain then build another.
lizards scurry along the floor and burrow into the sand to avoid the heat, whereas the cacti bath in it.

© 2011 Honourfish


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting! Described a desert quite vividly:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Indeed, the desert is quite difficult to describe but your poem encompassed its marvel with equal drama. Mirages are a continuing wonder. I love the image of bathing cacti! I wonder if they use dry water :-) Thank you for sharing your poetry. It is greatly appreciated and much enjoyed. Hope to read more of your poems soon. Cheers.

Posted 11 Years Ago


:) Love it. It was almost like I was there. Well worded. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
OT
I think you described it admirably - the scene you paint - like a picture I want to walk into - the sun and heat - it's all so scenic! nice!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I understand your pain about how hard it is to describe a desert, but you've done a very good job. I had a great image in my mind of a great scenery. You've done brilliantly.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A lovely gem...........you painted an image of a desert with your words so well that my mind thought it was there.......

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is wonderful, i really enjoyed this, very descriptive love the imagery.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

435 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 5, 2011
Last Updated on June 5, 2011