The Return Thief

The Return Thief

A Book by Hope_Lescase
"

Det. Liam Olivier is forced out of retirement when the 4th painting is stolen, then returned to the museum. When he turns to his ex-wife for help, he's in for a surprise to find that she is involved.

"

© 2015 Hope_Lescase


Author's Note

Hope_Lescase
I have not edited these chapters yet.

My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Reviews

Summary:


The year is 3084. Everything has changed. Nothing has changed. With new scientific research, magic was uncommon, dangerous, and was not believed by everyone. Vampires roamed the earth yet did not wreak havoc like those from myth. And in the heart of the City of Love, a threat had arisen.
Every few weeks, a landscape painting from a secured museum is stolen and all that remains is a card that taunts the authorities. However, the odd part about this theft is that exactly one week later, the paintings are returned as if they had never been tampered with. As this baffles the police even more, they are forced to call in a retired detective, Liam Olivier. Attempting to stop the “Fox Thief”, or “Return Thief” as the media calls them, Liam has to ask for help from the one person he had broken off contact with ever since their divorce, Mercy La Volpe.
As they begin to reignite their companionship, Liam realises that Mercy is even more cryptic than she used to be. She has even more secrets and she fears that if she shares it with her ex-husband, they will both be in danger; however, the romance that once filled their lives tempts their broken relationship.


Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

356 Views
1 Review
Added on December 28, 2015
Last Updated on December 29, 2015
Tags: Paris, France, museum, painting, artwork, thief, magic, vampire, detective, marriage

Author

Hope_Lescase
Hope_Lescase

About
Day and Night, I sit by a computer, drinking coffee and tea, with my cat by my side. - Well, I love gardening and drawing. While it may seem boring to some, I know that I am penning new adventures.. more..

Writing
The Players The Players

A Chapter by Hope_Lescase