Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Risen from Ashes Draft 1 Screenplay

Risen from Ashes Draft 1 Screenplay

A Screenplay by Hope_Lescase
"

I know this is early, but I've got to write it, because it's still fresh in my mind. If you can think of a better title, I will be more than happy!

"

Scene I

 

Opening

 

Black screen

 

MERYL (v.o.):

It has been said that time heals all wounds...

 

EXT. STREETS OF NYC - NIGHT

 

Cut to an opening scene where boots run past a clock that has been shot at on the street and is leaning against a bent, metal post.

 

Men SHOUT out as the sound of gunfire fills the cloudy, night sky. You vaguely see skyscrapers, some destroyed, others with broken glass. On the streets, scattered and dusty cars are abandoned. Various bits of debris is on fire.

 

 

Favor on Ira who runs across the street, and dodges behind a Jersey barrier just as bullets hit the concrete, making puffs of clouds fly up.

 

The camera pans over the barrier just in time to see one of his men being hit by a hail of bullets and falling to the ground.

 

Ira, breathing heavily, looks over at Hunter, who is behind a concrete wall " in cover.

 

They make eye contact

  

HUNTER

(Mouths the word)

Go.

  

Black screen cuts in

 

MERYL (v.o.):

I do not agree.

 

The battle scene cuts in

 

Hunter points to an uncovered manhole for Ira to hide in. Hunter indicates that he will draw fire towards him.

 

Ira tries to stop him, but Hunter disobeys and runs out into no man’s land just as a missile fires through the sky. Knowing he has a limited amount of time, Ira sprints to the manhole as bullets embed themselves into the road behind him. He slides in just as he sees Hunter being shot at.

 

The camera moves to the missile that hits a skyscraper and causes it to topple as debris and flames fall to the ground amidst the screams and yells as more explosions erupt around Wall Street.

 

  

Black screen cuts in

 

MERYL (v.o.):

The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens… But it is never gone.” -Rose Kennedy.

 

The title fades in:

 

Risen From Ashes

 

It fades away like smoke that rises from the embers 

 

NEXT SCENE

 

INT. - SMALL COURTROOM


Camera in a corner, facing Captain Ira Byrne’s back. Before him, there are six seats on a half-rounded table - two are vacant.  Occupying the middle seat is a Five-star general.

Sitting next to him is a Lieutenant General.  On the furthest end is a man with large glasses, and wearing a dark grey suit.

 

Looking through printed pages in front of him, General finally looks up at Ira. 


GENERAL

An impressive record, Captain. While your actions inNew York City are questionable, there is no doubt that you have surpassed our expectations. Given the fact that you and your men have ceased this war.

 

The man in the suit shifts uncomfortably

 

GENERAL:

(Jaw tightens)

What can you recall about your time in New York City? What transpired over the last few days of your time in the city?

 

 

IRA:

(Calmly)

My team and I had been deployed there for three months. We were aiding in extracting Gamma-team… the rest that was still alive and fighting. We had successfully liberated them, and the remaining civilians that survived the first wave of attacks. Just as the last helicopter was leaving, just as we were about to leave ourselves, an RPG ripped through the sky and took down the second copter. My men and I stayed back to make sure the remaining copter would be extracted. Six civilians, three soldiers, and two pilots were killed that day, not counting the many more overseas, or in our homeland.

 

GENERAL Nods gravely

(somberly)

I’m sorry. What can you tell me about Operation Aether? The report is vague. We, the remainder of us, want to hear your account.


 

 IRA

(SITS up uncomfortably)

It had just turned April. My team and I met General Allen in London; where he was to debrief us on Operation: Aether. 

 

The camera closes on him, zooms to his green eye as he starts his story.



NEXT SCENE 



~oh wait. not finished. D: I'll promise from the bottom of my red heart, that I will continue!!~

© 2016 Hope_Lescase


Author's Note

Hope_Lescase
Bear in mind, that this is only a draft. but, I would absolutely love your input.

and As I said, if you can think of a better title, I would love you forever!

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I liked this dynamic opening to your screenplay and would be happy to read more when you post it.

A few technical points.
Disembodied voices are usually indicated (V.O.) - voice over.
There is no need for speech marks when Blackbird speaks the first time.
I was left unsure who or what 'Blackbird' was. There is no hint from your writing how they sound.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hope_Lescase

8 Years Ago

thank you!!! I shall change that! I've never written any type of screenplay before so this is super .. read more
Leon C

8 Years Ago

Not a problem.
There is a great resource of film scripts to go to on the web at Simplyscripts.. read more
Hope_Lescase

8 Years Ago

Yes!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!! I am going to use this a lot XD



Reviews

Left me wanting to see more... and by see, I mean I was perfectly able to visualize this in theaters. Good job, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to more...

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hope_Lescase

8 Years Ago

That you so much! Your review made my heart skip a beat. Literally!
I am typing my fastest!
I liked this dynamic opening to your screenplay and would be happy to read more when you post it.

A few technical points.
Disembodied voices are usually indicated (V.O.) - voice over.
There is no need for speech marks when Blackbird speaks the first time.
I was left unsure who or what 'Blackbird' was. There is no hint from your writing how they sound.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hope_Lescase

8 Years Ago

thank you!!! I shall change that! I've never written any type of screenplay before so this is super .. read more
Leon C

8 Years Ago

Not a problem.
There is a great resource of film scripts to go to on the web at Simplyscripts.. read more
Hope_Lescase

8 Years Ago

Yes!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!! I am going to use this a lot XD

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

410 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 5, 2016
Last Updated on February 19, 2016
Tags: blackbird, raven, phoenix, united states, war, battle, secret, fire

Author

Hope_Lescase
Hope_Lescase

About
Day and Night, I sit by a computer, drinking coffee and tea, with my cat by my side. - Well, I love gardening and drawing. While it may seem boring to some, I know that I am penning new adventures.. more..

Writing
The Players The Players

A Chapter by Hope_Lescase